breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: breakdown truck

#3171 Post by JPB » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:05 pm

Well that's me well and truly soul sucked! :lol: I like that Renault convertible, but wouldn't admit to this on any of the other car fora that I visit so please forget that I wrote that.

I did once go to view a Dalek replica that was on eBay, it was based on Austin Allegro mechanicals and was far too big to be a real Dalek. I walked away as it was quite unsuitable for daily use in spite of being described as an ideal town car. I do, however, have a blue box, one that has wheels and a Toyota badge on the back door. It's similar to the real thing but is much larger on the outside than on the inside, so not quite as useful in that sense as there's nowhere to put an Olympic sized swimming pool on board and not even a place to store my collection of bow ties, Fezes, long scarves and trade size jars of jelly babies. Time Lord? Nah, not me mate, too much like hard work and one heart is enough to be worrying about for now.
:mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#3172 Post by GHT » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:18 pm

WTF is it? Some sort of weird French lavatory?

Dick

#3173 Post by Dick » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:42 am

GHT wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:18 pm
Its part of a train!
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Poncin-VP-3000 ... noapp=true

JPB

#3174 Post by JPB » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:47 am

Oh wow! An amphibian with a 2cv engine, that looks like a superb thing for "Poncin" about in! Sure & it's vastly preferable to "Fridolin" with oneself?

:oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

gazza82

#3175 Post by gazza82 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:59 pm

Dick wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:42 am
GHT wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:18 pm

Its part of a train!
Buffer?
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

GHT

#3176 Post by GHT » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:03 pm

That Poncin is the perfect vehicle for that Poncin that presents Car SOS. He's a bit of a Fridolin too.
Years ago, after a lot of faffing, I managed to work out how to get onto one of these forums. For a user name I put "A.W. Anchor." If anyone rumbled the smutty innuendo they didn't say, I would get referred to as AW.

Dick

#3177 Post by Dick » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:56 am

I managed to get myself banned from sos fb page as i couldn't support the poncin chaps nonsense any more. Shame as fuzz, phill and the rest are brilliant..
Meanwhile something for john..
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 733047995/

JPB

#3178 Post by JPB » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:51 pm

Some sort of cyber terrorist who might, at some time in the future, encounter Mr Shaw, carrying his axe, on a deserted road at dead of night, wrote: I managed to get myself banned from sos fb page...
Just one question mate, if I may: Had you been testing your latest batch of home distilled onion & beetroot vodka :drool: at the time? Or was this an a calculated attempt at martyrdom? :lol:

That link actually worked! :shock: Is that an official Citroen thing or an incredibly well thought out DIY attempt to make the van look less like a corrugated outbuilding? I'm loving what they've done with the place and all it needs to make it perfect is, IMHO, a modern engine with automatic transmission, a bit of a tidy up inside and a repaint, better yet, a wrap, in bright orange metallic with graduated leopard spots fading toward the top..
:drool: :drool: :drool:
J

Dick

#3179 Post by Dick » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:43 pm

As i recall i hadn't been drinking anything apart from miles west country tea.. i find these days my tolerance for suffering fools is very limited, i don't know why although i do thank ght for his guidance...😉
The Citroen van was once a hearse so i would think its professionally modified. At some point in its life it was converted to a campervan.. so a quick turn with a spanner and a wee bash with a hammer im sure you could easily have it on the road and be tormenting your local Halfords 😉

GHT

#3180 Post by GHT » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 pm

JPB wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:51 pm
That link actually worked! :shock: Is that an official Citroen thing or an incredibly well thought out DIY attempt to make the van look less like a corrugated outbuilding? I'm loving what they've done with the place and all it needs to make it perfect is, IMHO, a modern engine with automatic transmission, a bit of a tidy up inside and a repaint, better yet, a wrap, in bright orange metallic with graduated leopard spots fading toward the top.
A metallic orange wrap with graduated leopard spots, I see that you are a fellow migraine sufferer.