Tractor please...

Need to sell your classic? Post details here, and remember to include photographs or a link to a photograph, your location, asking price and contact details. Please note: Commercial links may be removed, and posts over 60 days old will be auto-pruned to keep the content fresh. Please - don't post to "bump" your (or anyone else's) thread - gratuitous bumps and unrelated posts will be deleted.

JPB

Re: Tractor please...

#252 Post by JPB » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:13 pm

:shock: :drool: :drool: One of each please. I'm off to peel some onions now.. ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#253 Post by Dick » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 pm

JPB

#254 Post by JPB » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:34 pm

Alas no, the link wants me to sign in or set up an account.. Not happening unless someone can demonstrate beyond doubt that Mark Zuckerberg's incredibly successful attempt to take over the world, on his terms, using the most openly narcissistic technique ever, is in fact a good idea and not to be feared, hated or rejected simply because it's an unfathomable swamp filled with equally unfathomable bollocks spouted by people whose minds are slowly but surely being turned into extensions of Gruppenführer Zuckerberg's ego. Humankind managed very nicely before 2008, MySpace seemed so sweet and innocent by comparison and yes, I accept that the facebook has many uses, not least of which is the amusement value in the group that exists to expose publicly the people who "park like tw4ts", but there are people older than a hundred who are proficient at playing the facebook game yet I, a mere 55 and a half years of age, just don't get the way in which so many otherwise perfectly regular folk have been sucked into the growing herd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Midwich_Cuckoos

There ^^^^^^^ is a link that illustrates my frustration. "Day of the Triffids" was more realistic, or so I thought before facebook happened! :moon:

What should the link have led to please? :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#255 Post by Dick » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:51 am

Here, i hope this calms your nerves..
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 767032159/

Dick

#256 Post by Dick » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:04 am

Just checked the link that turned you into a nervous wreck, it was a link to a farm machinery sale with a lot of old tractors and a rover Cyclops plus a couple of oddities that i couldn't identity.. honest ! Mr zuckerberg or whatever his name is doesn't want to eat your brain or convert you to the world of scientology or turn you into a grammar nazi... he might however turn you into a someone who finds random shiny or rusty things attractive ...

Dick

#257 Post by Dick » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:44 pm

JPB

#258 Post by JPB » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:13 pm

Nice, but perhaps not as appealing as this other yellow vehicle that's on my spotcher just now: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-12-T ... Sw26BfDF6i

Oh how I drooled.. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: I'm deciding whether to go down south and dribble in person, probably best not to unless I wear the mask though eh.

Hmm, JCB? Could I justify having such a device on my fleet and on my lawn? Probably better if I stop looking at that one. :( :mrgreen:

And if a super rare 12 Automatic hadn't already caused my blood pressure to rise a little, along comes a vehicle that, even though it would need some interior work to make it perfect (IMHO, naturally), excites me even more. Best ever van, automatic and a period looking but possibly superior engine to the original, what is not to like?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bedford-CA-D ... SwYz5fDFQN

Phwooaarrgh! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
J

Dick

#259 Post by Dick » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:34 am

Oooh which one have you bought? :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :thumbs:

JPB

#260 Post by JPB » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Neither as yet, but the van is likely to win my affections.. Except that another exceptional, low mileage Pajero Mini has come up and I really, really miss the one that I sold in November. Apart from numerous small, four wheeled Reliants, the only cars of which I've owned more than the one are R12 Breaks (2), Bedford CAs (also 2) and Maxis (2, plus use of some of the 7 that Dad drove himself between selling his nearly new Morris Oxford Traveller in 1970 and moving the firm's business to Nissan when - in 1982 - the local garage took them on as a franchise to replace BMC) so, logically, I should buy the Paj and keep the bloody thing this time around, which may happen if I can persuade the vendor, a trader down south, to take the van as a straight swap, thereby getting back to where I was this time last year. In the event of my wanting to go camping in a vehicle, the bB's battery is two stops away with the Yodel van as I write this so that will be getting started this afternoon, so I can put its kitchen in, reattach the water tank that I removed for ground clearance purposes, buy a new bottle of Camping Gaz and go sleep in there as a lumpy bed is better than one I haven't built yet.

So option three is also yellow, must be an omen? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-P ... 1438.l2649 Note that it's said to be the best available, I can believe that but annoyingly, so was my grey one and filthy profit made me move it on. :cry:

Yodel have just left, the eBay vendor managed to send the correct Yuasa battery (Halfords wanted to sell me one with the large, EU/UK-style terminals but this one, from eBay, has the correct, slimmer terminals for Japanese domestic cars). It's showing a full charge so that's the daily driver back in use as now it will start, I can shuffle it around to get at the hubs and attach the replacement spacer/spigot ring thingies :mrgreen: that ATS brushed away and lost in their waste collection. The bastridges! :evil:
J