What classic vehicles have you seen?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: What classic vehicles have you seen?

#2171 Post by JPB » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:22 am

Can it really be true that nobody has seen anything worth mentioning since March? ;)

Today, after having a run down to the Sunday market at Tynemouth Metro station at a steady 55mph in my Camper van, I saw something amazing but couldn't take my phone out of the screen cradle to take a photo as the constabulary were sitting - in a new BMW - right behind me as I queued to get out of the station car park.

The object that caught my eye was none other than a six-wheeled coachbuilt camper van with a creamy white Minor pickup cab up front and the four wheels under the huge camper body to the rear. I looked over and smiled, waved and exchanged the obligatory thumbs up with the women who were sitting in the Minor cab, they seemed to be looking at my Toyota camper as hard as I was looking at their wonderful bit of kit.

I figured that so unusual a thing must be known to the world of Minor folk, so although I didn't get the photo today, I reckoned that somewhere in cyberspace, there must already be an image showing the van and guess what...

Nope. Minor commercial-based campers of every shape and size bar the one I wanted to find! I can only hope that it's relatively local and that I shall see it again because I want to know everything about the van, how it was put together, whether the modern-looking front wheels hinted at something altogether un-Minor under the surface and what had been done to create the extra few feet/yards of bespoke bodywork behind the familiar shape of the Minor cab.

Has anyone here seen such a device? If this was you and you've been drawn to this forum by some strange quirk of fate, please tell us all about the van.
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

gazza82

#2172 Post by gazza82 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:55 pm

There's a neat looking Sunbeam Stilletto whizzing around my way .. usually driving or phone is in pocket when I see it though ..

A very nice XK was passing over Marlow Bridge bank holiday weekend too!
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

Dick

#2173 Post by Dick » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Since January I've seen lots shiny stuff but been unable to post as I broke the internet and could not get back onto the site... I even drove 3 hours to see a 1990 supra turbo that was described as a tidy car but when I get there the thing was in a terrible state and all tyres etc were rotten and brakes etc were rusted on and car would only move about 4 feet... :evil: :evil:

JPB

#2174 Post by JPB » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:07 am

Rich? Is this you under a new user name? Dammit man, loads of forum folk chipped in for the flowers and the condolences cards, if only we'd known that you'd simply broken the internet and were, in fact, still alive, then you could have talked me out of buying Yoda, my campervan...

Didn't see that coming, did you? Ah, no, of course not.. 'Cos you broke the internet.. Again!

This morning, I have mostly been seeing a very pleasant looking 1970s Toyota Celica overtaking me (overtaking everything in fact) and sounding distinctly throaty but in a good way.
I was in the daily bB at the time, if I'd been in the van then I'd have left him in a cloud of soot and he'd never have got me! :lol: (Nah, Yoda has a 2779cc n/a Diesel, not the 3 litre turbo, so acceleration is something enjoyed by other people and as for soot? Nope, just the distinctive stink of chip shop as the big noisy thing that lives under the seats runs on veg oil.. and so does the engine).
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#2175 Post by Dick » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 am

That's a lovely van mate.. i wouldn't have tried talking you out of it.. I sort of tried to update my email address as the one I'd been using had been closed over 10 years ago.. when I tried to log on I'd managed to get locked out :lol: :lol:

gazza82

#2176 Post by gazza82 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Humber Imperial ... don't think I have ever seen one before
20190914_194512.jpg
20190914_194512.jpg (87.78 KiB) Viewed 5463 times

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

Mitsuru

#2177 Post by Mitsuru » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:59 am

I took over 80 photos at Wynyard Hall Cars & Coffee on Saturday so here is the link to the facebook album
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 123&type=3
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

Dick

#2178 Post by Dick » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Today I spotted several Morgan's out on tour and a McLaren something.. pretty car...

Dick

#2179 Post by Dick » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:36 pm

Went to the le mans 24 hour truck race this weekend lots of classic American trucks and cars and a lot of European stuff.. then while we had some rain we called in the museum.. petrol head paradise.. I have pics but no idea how to post them since botophucket started charging and I'm a skinflint :lol: :lol: :lol:

gazza82

#2180 Post by gazza82 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Dick wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:36 pm
Went to the le mans 24 hour truck race this weekend lots of classic American trucks and cars and a lot of European stuff.. then while we had some rain we called in the museum.. petrol head paradise.. I have pics but no idea how to post them since botophucket started charging and I'm a skinflint :lol: :lol: :lol:
Try imgur