Autodoc online car parts.

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Paul240480

Autodoc online car parts.

#1 Post by Paul240480 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:18 pm

Do not use this company. I recently ordered a Gates piece. On arrival the security seal on the Gates box has been torn. The part inside was made by Dayco. A cheaper item.
I queried this on their chat help, to be told that the item is 'correct'. They would not accept any problem.
Today I phoned and was assured the technical dept was looking into this 'issue'.
The reply:

Dear Mr. Clark,
thank you for choosing us!

The manufacturer sells parts under their name. You have overpaid for the brand name and additional tests that GATES conducted on the part.
Our company does not repack or replace parts, we send them to our customers in the same way they arrive to us from the manufacturer.

If you are not suttisfied with the product, you can return it for free using Safe Order option.
Please inform us if you have tried to mount this part so we can proceed with your request

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Victor Evans
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/

Working hours:
Monday - Friday: 08:00-23:00
Saturday - Sunday: 08:00-18:00

I have contacted Gates and they confirmed that they do not, have not and would not supply anything other than their own parts.

Just a heads up.

Paul

rich.

Re: Autodoc online car parts.

#2 Post by rich. » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:07 am

sounds dodgy mate,let us know how you get on.. ive had a few letters arrive opened this year, people looking for money in cards etc :evil:

GHT

#3 Post by GHT » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:36 am

Paul, if the company are a UK based outfit, they are obliged to supply you goods fit for purpose, they must also supply that which they advertise, they cannot pass the buck. You don't have to get lawyers involved, all you have to do is contact your local Trading Standards Office. Explain your grievance, and anything the company has done to correct it, use snail mail and keep a copy. Trading Standards love a case like this, they will often go in, on your behalf, giving it the big I am and scare the crap out of them.

Paul240480

#4 Post by Paul240480 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:32 am

Rich, yes I often receive packages that have been opened here. In fact one time I had a 'thin blue line' pin badge sent over (I've got a little collection :oops: ) . This was from a collection for a Police officer killed on duty. Donate to his family and you received the badge, value of badge about 99p. I received the envelope with a hole in it. Badge 'gone' :roll:

GHT, they are a German based company, with FR and UK bases. I bought from the FR side. Spoke to them on the 'chat help' online. Then phoned the UK side where they 'sold me' the bull in my first post.

I have sent them a copy of the information direct from Gates and await a response.

Stupid thing is , I have no worries with the Dayco part. I've used them quite a number of times. It's just the principle of the Dayco part being a few quid cheaper and them refusing to refund the difference or , even issue a credit note. What a bunch......

Paul240480

#5 Post by Paul240480 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Ive been making a nuisance of myself . I found one of the 'bosses' of Autodoc and sent him a message about the way I have been treated.

Also sent a letter to the Director.

They phoned me today to offer a refund of the difference between the part I ordered and the part I received. This was something they Said was 'impossible'.

No apologies mind' .

Now wait and see if it goes through........ :roll:

GHT

#6 Post by GHT » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:42 am

Paul240480 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:41 pm
Ive been making a nuisance of myself . I found one of the 'bosses' of Autodoc and sent him a message about the way I have been treated.

Also sent a letter to the Director.

They phoned me today to offer a refund of the difference between the part I ordered and the part I received. This was something they Said was 'impossible'.

No apologies mind' .

Now wait and see if it goes through........ :roll:
Well done you, but don't hold your breath on an apology, and don't be surprised if your refund turns out to be a credit. but at least you've had some sort of response.

Paul240480

#7 Post by Paul240480 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 am

I did get my refund. But, guess what...... I recently ordered some suspension arms for my T5 from another French website. When they arrived they were in, yep, an AUTODOC box! FFS :twisted: I now know this company 'hides' behind at least 4 separate websites!!!

To add insult to injury, the fecking things were not compatible!

I contacted them via the site I ordered them from sending my VIN number, they told me I had the correct parts. I was sure they were wrong, but as they insisted otherwise I waited for my mechanic to arrive to fit them for me. He confirmed they were wrong.

So back to the company, after four days of emailing, they eventually sent me a postage paid returns label. It went with tracking.
One week after they received it, they phoned me to say they were going to credit my account. I politely told them I wanted a full refund. I had to insist that refund was their only option to satisfy me. 4 days later my bank was credited.

I now have the correct parts from Amazon, of all places.

Oh, I found AUTODOC on Google maps and left a 'review'. They've replied and asked for my order numbers so they can 'investigate' what went wrong.
Not holding my breath tho' :roll: