breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: breakdown truck

#2811 Post by JPB » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Faecbook wrote:The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.
:roll: An audience that I'm not in? Pompous bastridges, who the hell does Zuckerberg think he is? I'm not even slightly envious of his vast fortune, his ability to upset people or even his collection of rare and valuable stuff, but I wouldn't mind living in his house.. Under the floorboards so that I could creep about in his life at night and see how the skinny streak of s**t likes it up him!
:evil:

Have I missed something worth looking at? :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2812 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:27 pm

i tried the link.. it works for me..john broke the internets :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
it was a motobecane..
https://www.google.fr/search?biw=840&bi ... ndJXKT-3gM:

JPB

#2813 Post by JPB » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:01 pm

I asked my neighbour to try it and it worked for her because she has a facebook account, I no longer do, so that's probably the audience to which they refer and I'm quite happy not to take the risk of signing up again. This site is all the social media I need, beyond this it's real people every time for me.
Which reminds me; I haven't forgotten that (now serviced and aligned properly) Stella wireless set, though I'm buggered if I'm paying flickR for their pro service when they were the one that did away with pro in the first place after I - and several million others - had already paid for "lifetime" pro features, but I will find a way of attaching a photo. Not sure why yet another facebook-related waste of time reminds me of the Stella, but it did. How odd.

:idea:

Image 8-)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#2814 Post by GHT » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:38 pm

More loveliness my arse. You deliberately stuck those BL monstrosities in there to raise my blood pressure. For the life of me I cannot fathom how everyone seems to wet their pants with excitement over Rover's last big hurrah before BMW dabbled in Longbridge. From the Rover Ten P2 right through, well almost to the end, they produced some very good looking cars, except Cyclops, that was one ugly car, then we get that wedge shape monstrosity and everyone runs around praising it. Madness.
Rover_10_P2.JPG
Rover_10_P2.JPG (18.99 KiB) Viewed 4266 times
Rover-3500.jpg
Rover-3500.jpg (221.14 KiB) Viewed 4266 times

rich.

#2815 Post by rich. » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:10 am

ahhh ght, you are such a little ray of sunshine :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
evryone else, whats a 1990 toyota supra turbo worth? in my never ending quest wifey has decided that if we must have a sports car its got to have 4 seats.. daughter no1 likes it as it has pop up lights & 4 seats :D & this one while rhd is only an hours drive away...

JPB

#2816 Post by JPB » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:57 pm

This one? Rich, you forgot to put the link up after whetting our appetites for Toyota-related joy!

Did you mean this one: ?

Looks right hand drive enough to me.
J

rich.

#2817 Post by rich. » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:51 pm

JPB wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:57 pm
This one? Rich, you forgot to put the link up after whetting our appetites for Toyota-related joy!

Did you mean this one: ?

Looks right hand drive enough to me.
sorry! :oops:
you will have to visit your neighbour again to see this one john....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... ger_banner
:lol:

JPB

#2818 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:51 am

No need to pop next door mate,this one worked even for this facebook non-believer. The car seems ok and not too pink for a red car that's been in daylight. I think it is cheaper than any other usable example I could see when looking earlier. Dammit! I just realised that the link I meant to post was somehow not posted. I think that the kettle boiled at around that time so I may have been in a thirst-related hurry. :oops:
J

rich.

#2819 Post by rich. » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:56 am

you can still post it if you can find it john...
meanwhile wifey doesn't like the price.... :lol: :evil:
ive been watching this for a while, needs restoring.. it started out a while ago at 7000€.. now its getting a bit more sensible but has about 170,000 miles on it ;)
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1556413120.htm/
these are for ght
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOW-MGB-GT-V ... 100623.m-1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333025866611
;)

JPB

#2820 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:34 am

Loving the description of the B with the V8. :lol: It reminds me of something that's been translated from English to Japanese and then translated back again by a different person! Or may be it reminds me of this fella:
https://youtu.be/0mYssEXILjc

:scared:
J