Classic Tools anyone?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Paul240480

Re: Classic Tools anyone?

#11 Post by Paul240480 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:13 pm

I wasn't aware of the shop in Pompey/Southsea GHT, despite living there for 20+yrs.

Looks like it has survived tho'.

http://www.radioshop.org.uk/

Zelandeth

#12 Post by Zelandeth » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:09 am

Does this count?

Got a load of data books with it too.

Looking forward to clearing the garage up so it's not buried and it can start earning it's keep again. Was rescued from the rubbish heap at my local garage a couple of years ago.
My website - aka. My *other* waste of time
Current fleet: 73 AC Model-70. 75 Rover 3500. 84 Trabant 601S. 85 Sinclair C5. 88 Renault 25 Monaco. 06 Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi.

Paul240480

#13 Post by Paul240480 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:53 am

That's a yes from me, shouldn't think that many have survived either. :thumbs:

Zelandeth

#14 Post by Zelandeth » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:29 pm

Just a shame it doesn't have the optional CO% meter installed as that would be really handy.

What the photo doesn't give any impression of is the sheer weight of the thing. I foolishly got it out of the car myself and it nearly killed me. Once it's installed in the corner it will live in at least it won't take up a huge amount of room.

Given my love of all things electronic from this sort of era, fascination with display tech (this has flipdot indicators in the buttons and a Panaplax neon discharge display above the analogue meter) and the fact that I lacked the proper kit to check dwell angle at the time it was obviously going to be grabbed as soon as I spotted it.

Needs a bit of TLC, but given it had been sitting out in the weather for seven years when I found it it's astonishing how little work it needed.

I do keep hoping that I'll be in the right place at the right time when they upgrade their exhaust gas analyser...

By the way, if anyone needs a scan of anything out of any of this lot feel free to give me a shout.

More recent but possibly still useful...

My website - aka. My *other* waste of time
Current fleet: 73 AC Model-70. 75 Rover 3500. 84 Trabant 601S. 85 Sinclair C5. 88 Renault 25 Monaco. 06 Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi.