Something a little different 'bloggy' & not quite classic!

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Luxobarge

Re: Something a little different 'bloggy' & not quite classic!

#31 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:42 am

Interesting itinerary - Forest Row eh? If that's the Forest Row in East Surrey, I live quite near there, in Horne, so if you want to pop in for a cuppa, or use my workshop/tools etc. in the event of another problem, do feel free! PM me for details if you want them.

Cheers! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

GHT

#32 Post by GHT » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Happy travels,the nearest that you come to GHT Towers is Pompey, I live near the other end, (New Forest,) of the M27. Have to admit, I don't have a workshop, I don't even own a spanner or screwdriver, but you might find these two links useful, that is, whilst you are in the Solent area. http://www.pitter.co.uk/ Silverlake.

Paul240480

#33 Post by Paul240480 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi. I'm writing this little 'tale' historically' - sorry if I hadn't made that clear :oops:

@Luxo, yes it was East Sussex, thanks for the offer - it would be good to put a face to your name. Seems like I've known you for years with this forum & the 'other' we frequent.

@GHT. My apologies for not replying to your advice earlier. For the loo I use Thetfords own 'liquid' in the tank & in the bowl. & yes sitting is the way forward - its a very low bowl anyhow so 'missing' is easy :lol:
Tyres the previous owner put 6 Michelin Agilas on it in 2012 so they're not too old and do look to be okay. It has now, 2 new Jinyu's on the front, more on the reason for those to follow.....
I used to live in Pompey & know Silverlakes well. Got some bits for my Volvo's over the years from them. The Iveco place is a new one to me, so ta :thumbs:

Paul240480

#34 Post by Paul240480 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Another last minute 'repair'..... I found the gas flexi' pipe to the generator 'expired' in 2011 :roll:
So I replaced that a bit sharpish!

That' little' trip went with only an issue of getting the loo blocked up with too much loo roll :roll: . Due to the 'niffs' (as previously mentioned) I put a plug of loo roll soaked in Thetford fluid in the bowl to prevent the niffs, which only appeared when on the move.
Stupidly I let these 'plugs' into the tank after each journey which, no doubt caused the blockage :oops:
Fortunately we were able to get to the in-laws in Silloth, where I was able to take some time to sort it on their front drive area.
No photos of that 'fix' as I'm sure you can understand......rubber gloves were defo' required :roll: .
But, overall, The Jalopy ran extremely well.
We had 2 more very similar trips planned as well (that time of life when you need to sort out care homes and the like :roll: ) So The Jalopy had it's work 'cut out' :lol:

rich.

#35 Post by rich. » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:10 pm

thanks mate, due to you, instead of looking at sports cars im now looking at campers... found a pretty renault estafette but wifey said no :lol: :lol: :lol:

GHT

#36 Post by GHT » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:07 am

rich. wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:10 pm
thanks mate, due to you, instead of looking at sports cars im now looking at campers..
camper_van.jpg
camper_van.jpg (100.28 KiB) Viewed 23088 times

Paul240480

#38 Post by Paul240480 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent. :thumbs:
Pug J9 eh :?: That'd be slower than The Jalopy :lol:

rich.

#39 Post by rich. » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:11 pm

i was keen on this until i read the ad, he is looking for parts
https://www.leboncoin.fr/caravaning/1521672593.htm/
:drool:

JPB

#40 Post by JPB » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Rich, I think I know of a camper that would suit your needs well:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-SCRUM- ... rk:12:pf:0

OK, so chances are it's too new for you & probably for the world in general, but it's small enough to hide from Mrs Rich - maybe in a spare kitchen cupboard in your luxurious French château home - and let's face it, if she found out that you'd spent that much on a vehicle you don't strictly need, at least you could live in the thing.
:scared:

(Sorry, Paul, for the diversion. I'm simply trying to get Rich into something that won't fall apart in spite of his best efforts to seek out trouble in the shape of a French van)!
;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: