france, again..

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
GHT

Re: france, again..

#11 Post by GHT » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:01 am

rich. wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:21 am
megadethmaniac wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:42 pm
So what you paying? Bet its less than £1.28ul/ £1.33 Derv.
paying €1.46 litre for diesel & €1.56 ish for petrol.. its gone up .25 cents litre because of the vw emissions scandal :evil:
25 cents per litre, because of the VW scandal? What about the BP scandal? And I don't mean the oil spillage throughout the Obama period. I mean the scandalously, obscenely, avaricious greed of BP. In their last trading quarter they made over £3Billion profit. that's £230,000,000 per week. Who was it who said just wait and see it rise after Brexit? Atodini, well said Sir.

rich.

#12 Post by rich. » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:35 am

les gilets jaune, as of last night 2 dead & over 500 injured...

megadethmaniac

#13 Post by megadethmaniac » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Looks like the French are revolting...

megadethmaniac

#14 Post by megadethmaniac » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Price of UL is down a bit since my last comment £1.18 but derv seems to remain higher and climbing if anything £1.31. Makes modern diesels less attractive than they once were

GHT

#15 Post by GHT » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:00 am

rich. wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:35 am
les gilets jaune, as of last night 2 dead & over 500 injured...
I had no idea, I really must start reading a newspaper. What sticks in my craw is that the wholesale price of crude oil is in freefall, it currently stands at $53 a barrel. Last May it stood in excess of $80 a barrel. The price at the pump hasn't come down even though crude oil has dropped by $27 a barrel.

Paul240480

#16 Post by Paul240480 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:14 am

The one killed was caused by protesters blocking a lady driver who was trying to get her daughter to hospital, the reason I know not.
The lady driver panicked when her car was 'swarmed' hit the throttle and ran over and killed one protester :|

Fuel the other week on the toll roads when I was coming down the toll from Calais was 1€84

LeClerc supermarkets , to show solidarity with the protests have reduced their fuel costs for the whole of Nov'. Each shop taking the hit of the lowered prices (my daughter works in the one at Vannes). Guess what? The protesters blocked the roundabouts stopping shoppers getting in last Saturday. To avoid the protesters daughter got into work by 0630 for an 0830 start, then did a huge 'detour '' round the back roads rather than the quatre-voies to get home :roll:

Brexit? On a personal note , the vote has crippled the 'main-stay' of my little business . Managed to claw back some clients by pushing more for French clients this year. The exchange rate since the vote plummeted, meaning when I bring money over from my UK account I 'lose' £300 in a £1000 compared to the rate 'pre-vote'.
Feedback is that French are reluctant to book for next year for gites with English owners as they fear the owners may well do a bunk back to UK before March. Brits are holding back till they know 'what's what'.....
Either way I have no bookings for next year yet. Historically, by this time of years I would of had around 30 weeks booked for the following years summer.
As said, this is a personal view, not a 'drip' it's just how it is for me.

rich.

#17 Post by rich. » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:18 am

most people i know support the "gilet jaunes" fuel prices going up more than 25% is hurting.. you get the government line, if its too expensive buy an electric car/take public transport/bicycle.. this would work for me if the bus called by every morning & took me to my local builders merchants then on to work & where can i fit 60 sheets of plasterboard on a bike? as for buying a brand new vehicles, i have 3 they will give me approximately €2000 each, nissan leaf €35,500 to replace the wifes car, my galaxy to replace with electric €50,000 plus? & if i want to replace my truck another €50/60,000 minimum..... what planet do these morons live on???

as for the brexit, honestly the whole of the british parliament are a shower of useless shits.. instead of supporting the prime minister & showing a united front they argue amongst themselves (left & right) & brussels are laughing all the way, perhaps they might give you une baguette de pain.. paul, are you going to apply for french citizenship or the carte de sejour? im not sure whats happening..
meanwhile a local nutter managed to get in the british press
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46326905
:roll: :roll:

Paul240480

#18 Post by Paul240480 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:30 am

No not going for French citizenship. Have looked into the titre de sejour, but hanging in there for the mo' with it all being 'up in the air' there's no way of knowing if it's actually required.........yet.
I know a lot have swarmed the Prefectures in panic mode yet and the Prefectures are struggling to keep up, lol.

This cracks me up, pi33 take :lol:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fvjOuzWobyU

rich.

#19 Post by rich. » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:11 pm

ive started looking into the paperwork, as usual you need every bit of paper going including your cousins late aunties grannys birth certificate.. so far i have been told to make a start on the paperwork so i will be in the system... :?
as for brexit affecting my enterprise 99% of my clients are not brits, & frankly the less of them the better :evil: had far to many brits mess me about, so i tend to avoid them now..

Paul240480

#20 Post by Paul240480 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:41 am

Yes we too have made 'preps' just in case. As usual with France it depends in what region you are as to what they require. So if one helpful bod' in the south says "ah you'll need this this and that", you can guarantee when you get to your Prefecture they'll say , "Non Monsieur ce n'est pas ca" :lol: