Vauxhall/Opel Build Dte Certificate

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Dap1981

Vauxhall/Opel Build Dte Certificate

#1 Post by Dap1981 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:27 am

Hello all, Newbie here.

I was just wondering if anyone had any contacts or had had any success in obtaining a certificate confirming a build date for a Vauxhall/Opel. I am really keen to bring in a Nova GSi (Corsa A) from Italy but as you probably know there registration process is bureaucratic nightmare. Therefore the best way is to register the car over here using a dating certificate.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

rich.

Re: Vauxhall/Opel Build Dte Certificate

#2 Post by rich. » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:11 pm

ask jpb nicely, he's the forum importing sage.. although if its from Europe it shouldn't be too complex... ;)

JPB

#3 Post by JPB » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:45 am

Sage, Rich? :? These comparisons to characters from Cbeebies' "Herb Garden" need to die off methinks :lol: . I'm just after doing my fourth import, all JDM so all only requiring fog lamp(s) and a UK MOT to register them here, plus fitting of a UK street legal alarm/immobiliser if pre-2004 as sadly, we're not allowed to fry passers by who happen to rub against our cars. :twisted:
Italy is, so it seems, the second biggest source of dry imports after Japan though, possibly because of all the Fiat 500s that come through from there but I can't see a massive problem with bringing in something that's already been sold in the UK and IIRC, the headlamps and rear lamp clusters would need to be swapped for a RHD pair to achieve a test pass, though on the rears, you could fit a UK offside one and leave the nearside one as it came since that would give you a pair of fog lamps albeit at the expense of a reversing lamp or fit a UK nearside unit and fit separate fogs under the bumper, better as that way, you get two reversing lamps.

In paperwork terms, the appropriately named NOVA is required as with any import but IVA isn't an issue on EU cars that were sold here as the Corsa A was and the car can be dated by simply inputting the registration to this: http://www.autoepc.ru/catalogs/opel_epc_e.shtml or by submitting a request in writing to GM and waiting for several weeks while they use their own copy of the above! Then submit the car for test, buy it some new plates and away you go. A RHD conversion could be considered too, but only as a matter of personal preference and not for any registration related reason.

Good luck and how about some photies of the Corsa please? :thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#4 Post by GHT » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:34 pm

rich. wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:11 pm
ask jpb nicely, he's the forum importing sage.. although if its from Europe it shouldn't be too complex... ;)
Er, excuse me, do I recall someone, not to far from here, busting a gut over the expression sage? Look in the MG TF thread and you will find:
rich. wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:07 am
GHT wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Oh great sage of the motoring world
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tea all over the keyboard.... :lol: :scared:

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 am

GHT wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:34 pm
rich. wrote:
Er, excuse me, do I recall someone, not to far from here, busting a gut over the expression sage? Look in the MG TF thread and you will find:
rich. wrote:
GHT wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 pm

Oh great sage of the motoring world
more tea over the keyboard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
would you suggest we refer to him as the wise one? :lol: :lol: :lol: :scared:

GHT

#6 Post by GHT » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:48 pm

rich. wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 am
GHT wrote:
rich. wrote:
rich. wrote:

You have no class Rich, at least when John has a: spit it over the keyboard, it's rum. (Such a waste.)

rich.

#7 Post by rich. » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:20 pm

GHT wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:48 pm
rich. wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:04 am
GHT wrote:

You have no class Rich, at least when John has a: spit it over the keyboard, it's rum. (Such a waste.)
ive given up drinking before 7.30 am since i packed my job in working for a french roofing contractor.. ;)

GHT

#8 Post by GHT » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Did you hear about the French tiler who fell off of his roof and landed in a basket of baguettes? He survived, but was in a lot of pain!

JPB

Oi, you pair of reprobates, what will the new guy think? ;-)

#9 Post by JPB » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:24 pm

Dap1981 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:27 am
Hello all, Newbie here.

I was just wondering if anyone had any contacts or had had any success in obtaining a certificate confirming a build date for a Vauxhall/Opel. I am really keen to bring in a Nova GSi (Corsa A) from Italy but as you probably know there registration process is bureaucratic nightmare. Therefore the best way is to register the car over here using a dating certificate.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Welcome to our world. :mrgreen:
JPB wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:45 am
I'm just after doing my fourth import, all JDM so all only requiring fog lamp(s) and a UK MOT to register them here, plus fitting of a UK street legal alarm/immobiliser if pre-2004 as sadly, we're not allowed to fry passers by who happen to rub against our cars. :twisted:
Italy is, so it seems, the second biggest source of dry imports after Japan though, possibly because of all the Fiat 500s that come through from there but I can't see a massive problem with bringing in something that's already been sold in the UK and IIRC, the headlamps and rear lamp clusters would need to be swapped for a RHD pair to achieve a test pass, though on the rears, you could fit a UK offside one and leave the nearside one as it came since that would give you a pair of fog lamps albeit at the expense of a reversing lamp or fit a UK nearside unit and fit separate fogs under the bumper, better as that way, you get two reversing lamps.

In paperwork terms, the appropriately named NOVA is required as with any import but IVA isn't an issue on EU cars that were sold here as the Corsa A was and the car can be dated by simply inputting the registration to this: http://www.autoepc.ru/catalogs/opel_epc_e.shtml or by submitting a request in writing to GM and waiting for several weeks while they use their own copy of the above! Then submit the car for test, buy it some new plates and away you go. A RHD conversion could be considered too, but only as a matter of personal preference and not for any registration related reason.

Good luck and how about some photies of the Corsa please? :thumbs:
I apologise for my learned friends' eagerness to take pretty much any opportunity to take the p155 out of me in public forum. We all love each other really, it's banter and they're harmless enough.. As long as they took their meds on time. :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#10 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:51 am

oops i think ght scared him off.. :oops: