What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
GHT

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#611 Post by GHT » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Whilst you are perusing your options, you could, for inspiration, hang a picture called TAXI by Graham Fairhurst on your wall.
nyt.jpg
nyt.jpg (62.33 KiB) Viewed 2856 times

JPB

#613 Post by JPB » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:23 pm

As GHT suspected, the taxi picture appeals, something like that would fit well around here. :thumbs:

That bloke with the Lincoln has spent an absolutely massive amount on the car but seven transmission strainers in 100,000 miles? Really? I reckon that most folk would have started to question the possibility that there was some underlying issue with the transmission after the second change of filter, when the signs of burnt clutch papers and similar contaminants, along with the gritty texture of the recently added fluid, which would surely have told the average garage hand that something was needed, something other than yet another filter and a drop of fluid.
Seven filters later, someone must have realised why the fluid wasn't staying clean, seven filters at around $80 each, plus all of the fluid used to top up at each of the intervening changes of filter. That approach is rather inefficient. :lol:
Somewhere, by where that car stays, there could be a garage proprietor rubbing their hands together whenever that thing finds itself booked in for yet more work.

I like the lamp, but orange flashing ones as seen surrounding holes in the road are cheaper and can be fitted with ordinary bulbs for that industrial chic appeal so yes, a petrol pump globe is a nice object, but far too pricey unless it comes with the rest of the fixtures and fittings from the old forecourt that was its home.
8-)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#615 Post by GHT » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:33 pm

rich. wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:05 pm
edit.. was ght looking for a vintage caravan?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/split-screen ... 41.l6368:D
Ugh! Looks like a bloody great carbunkle.
Indeed I am in the market for a classic 1950's caravan, but you can keep the Vogue at ten grand. I did, however, like the caravan on the link, but for goodness sake, I know that camp and pink are both from the same side of the coin. But this is taking it it just a tad too far.
caravan.jpg
caravan.jpg (48.7 KiB) Viewed 2812 times

rich.

#616 Post by rich. » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:17 am

a tin of paint would solve your problem :lol:
meanwhile
https://www.menkind.co.uk/lord-twat-mug ... 0708ce2888

JPB

#617 Post by JPB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:35 am

:lol: Tea came out of my ears 'cos I laughed so hard at that!

Better yet, they do one for you too, Rich, and it's super cheap: https://www.menkind.co.uk/pliers-tool-mug
The bloke used to illustrate the fish flask looks like he's enjoying his alone time with his fish..

:shock:

Whatever gets you through the night eh? :sick:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#618 Post by GHT » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:26 pm

Have you ever wondered why bras are measured in cup size?

JPB

#619 Post by JPB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:11 pm

Oddly enough no, I haven't, and I'm destined never to find out as that link takes me to a page that's asking me to subscribe to something using my Chromium sign in name and password.
At a guess, it's the same as the reason for many everyday objects being sold by size: Off the peg is cheaper than having everything made to order? Sadly, although wheels and tyres come in a variety of set sizes, breasts don't, so they'd be no use in the event of a puncture.
:scared:
J

GHT

#620 Post by GHT » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:13 pm

JPB wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:11 pm
Oddly enough no, I haven't, and I'm destined never to find out as that link takes me to a page that's asking me to subscribe to something using my Chromium sign in name and password.
That sort of thing happens to me too, it's not something that I would ever do deliberately. One of the downsides to the internet. SO, I hope that the picture shows itself.
cup size.jpg
cup size.jpg (92.92 KiB) Viewed 2784 times