car sos.

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
rich.

car sos.

#1 Post by rich. » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:03 am

anyone watch last night?

GHT

Re: car sos.

#2 Post by GHT » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:14 am

No, just like W/D, it has a sensible and admirable workshop mechanic, but it also has the one of the most egoistic, irritating twerp of a presenter, whose ability to get under the skin is unsurpassed. Besides, I had a pressing appointment, I had a couple of shirts to iron. (Iron, pressing, geddit?)

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:47 am

i quite liked it! i even managed to record the series.. how long before i break television?? tims jokes seem pointless, but i will watch anyway :lol:

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 am

Rich wrote:How long before I break television?
By my rough calculations this could happen before the next ice age comes along, but who really knows? :lol: ;)

"Sensible?" GHT, I am concerned that Ant's modification (from beam and trap spring to IFS with wishbones & from box & idler to rack) across the front of the Dodge surf van was somewhere below that!
Did anyone else who looked at that episode of WD notice the way in which the camber and track of the van's front wheels changed dramatically when they had the camera at the outer front wheel in the cornering shots? Ant had already been forced to add gusset pieces to his design for the turrets, but the TREs were noticeably adrift of either pair of wishbone pivots, hence the squirrel-like behaviour of the wheels. I'm not saying that his mods weren't conceived with good intentions, but could it be that he over reached the limit of his understanding of geometry? The "evidence" was pretty vague, but I can't help but feel that neither Edd nor Fuzz, both blessed with more engineering experience, wouldn't have attempted such major surgery if they hadn't done their homework before cutting the chassis about!
I think that I've missed at least one series of SOS :oops: , Rich. The usually dependable 4 OD doesn't have any of the newer episodes to view and I can't find PIDs anywhere so where did you download it from please? Any chance of posting a link?
:thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:07 am

john, i pressed record on the tv box thingy, it was the fiat 500.. if you can't find it you are more than welcome to pop over & watch it here.. tea & biscuits will be supplied.. :D

GHT

#6 Post by GHT » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:35 am

JPB wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 am
"Sensible?" GHT, I am concerned that Ant's modification (from beam and trap spring to IFS with wishbones & from box & idler to rack) across the front of the Dodge surf van was somewhere below that!
Ant? Isn't he Dec's mate? I'm afraid that my valve driven telly is still showing the China man in glorious black & white.

JPB

#7 Post by JPB » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 am

Ant Anstead, he's the one who gets his tools dirty on WD these days, he's done the most recent series of the show including the episode with the van in question.

Series 14, episode 5 it was, first screened last November, it's already reached youtube in all its glory, but for some reason the link didn't work, so here's the original location:
https://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/wheel ... e-a100-van
Be warned, the film contains scenes of an American nature!
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

gazza82

#8 Post by gazza82 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Car SOS Fiat 500 episode is repeated Monday morning 15th .. at 2:15am ..

.. set your VCRs ..
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

gazza82

#9 Post by gazza82 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 pm

JPB wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 am
... here's the original location:
https://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/wheel ... e-a100-van
And you will need a subscription ..
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

GHT

#10 Post by GHT » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:09 pm

JPB wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:37 am
You mean like the ghastly FantomWorks & Sin City Motors? Think i'll give it a miss.