What would you buy & why?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: Yet another "what should I buy next?" type of thread..

#261 Post by JPB » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:25 am

Penguin45 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:28 pm
Possibly one of the worst photoshops ever. Anyway, there's no such thing as beige. Sandglow is the correct term..
Mmm. Sandglow, nice. :drool: My Sandglow mini 850 was brown according to its V5, while other Sandglow cars that I know of are down as yellow. Sandglow is stunning when it's fresh and shiny but it doesn't half look sh1te when it's flat. Best beiges ever must be the astonishing variety that Ford had on their colour charts back in the '70s, then BL Harvest Gold, Sandglow and the really beige one that came along with the then-new miniMetro in 1980, which is beige in its purest and most unspoiled form:

Almost as sexy as Rover Almond, as seen on many mid-'70s P6s, now that was a classier beige altogether. :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

JPB

#264 Post by JPB » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:28 am

Hmm, not really much point to a taxi that has been ruined by taking away its one major plus; the massive interior space! I would imagine it'll be ideal for the customer who says "to the airport, and hurry!" but I'm still after a Metrocab and it has to be a Reliant one, yellow paintwork might work though. :mrgreen:

I like the Mustang as it is in pictures 11 and 12, but - and call me dull if you will - the whole big knobbly old horn & wings thing doesn't quite work for me, though GHT may find it goes well with the retro suit and the shoes. Not as well as the fairground ride though, it's red & white. Get it bought, GHT, you know you'd cut quite the dash in that device.
:D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#265 Post by GHT » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:17 am

JPB wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:28 am
I like the Mustang as it is in pictures 11 and 12, but - and call me dull if you will - the whole big knobbly old horn & wings thing doesn't quite work for me, though GHT may find it goes well with the retro suit and the shoes. Not as well as the fairground ride though, it's red & white. Get it bought, GHT, you know you'd cut quite the dash in that device.:D
Too horny for me thank you, personally, I prefer a cracking pair of hooters.

GHT

#267 Post by GHT » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:39 pm

rich. wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:32 pm
& for ght ...hooters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLsrEw4dBT0
I was thinking more along the lines of a euphemistic definition:

JPB

#268 Post by JPB » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:55 am

Hmm, nice horns, but a sixties Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman has these boats pwned:

https://youtu.be/hljDL1ofkjQ :twisted: Want one! (The hooter, not the old German Lexus alternative).

Interesting Lanchester too, but I feel that describing it as a ten foot car is a tad generous. Ten yards maybe, that would be more like the limit of its concours potential! :lol:
J

GHT

#269 Post by GHT » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:40 am

Rich, when I said a euphemistic definition, I meant a ladies, er, assets. Some time ago I saw a photo of a young woman who was Jessica Rabbit mad. This woman had one very serious boob job as well as having her waist reduced. I tried to post a picture but it came back: File too big. I thought, "I'm not surprised." I have learned how to reduce the file. You've got to see this,
Jr.jpg
Jr.jpg (232.67 KiB) Viewed 2465 times

rich.

#270 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:27 am

that looks nothing like mrs rabbit... has anyone told her??

meanwhile this must be your dream car john..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222577684858? ... rmvSB=true

:scared: