Ropey Jensen for sale

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
TerryG

Ropey Jensen for sale

#1 Post by TerryG » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:30 am

I'm sure you've all seen this as it's been posted on various sites but OMG the advert is terrible.
illiterate ebay seller wrote:
HI
SELLING ON BEHALF OF A PRIVATE COLLECTOR
ALL NUMBERS MATCHING CAR
THIS IS FOR A WELL KNOWN CAR AND HAS A GRATE HISTORY
THIS IS A SUPER RARE CAR IT WAS ALL MADE IN ITALY AND MOVED OVER HEAR AND PUT TO GATHER AND WAS MADE BETTER THEM OTHERS THIS IS NUMBER 5 OF THE LINE WAS MADE IN 1966 AND PUT TO GATHER IN 1967 IT IS A MK1 JENSON INTERCEPTOR IT HAS BEEN OFF THE ROAD SINCE 1990 WAS DRY STORED FOR 10 YEARS THEN OUT SIDE THE REST IT WAS USED ON THE ROAD AND HAS HAD LOTS OF WORK DONE TO ENGINE AND GEAR BOX SO THEY WILL BE OK AND ALL BRAKES ARE FREE AND ROLLS OK IT IS 100% ORIGINAL CAR SO THIS IS SUPER RARE
HAS HE ORIGINAL LOG BOOK GREEN THING AND HAS SOME SUPER GOOD ARTS THIS IS WHAT IS HEAR
GOOD DASH BORD
SEATS ARE ALL GOOD NOT THE CHEAP ONES THEY ARE LIKE £4K TO BUY AS THEY ARE RARE ITALY ONE'S
ALL CHROME IS GOOD THAT WE HAVE FOR IT
ALL GLASS IS GOOD AND ALL THERE NOT CRAKES FRONT AND REAR ALL GOOD TO
LIGHTS ARE OK
ROOF IS NOT BAD WITH FULL SUNROOF
AXLE AND DIFF AND CHASSIS IS GOOD AS FAIR AS I CAN SEE
GRILL IS OK
WHEELS ARE OK TYRE'S HAVE ALL BEEN BEEN UP AND NEVER GONE DOWN
HAS ALL ORIGINAL BADGES
HAS V5 AND VIN TAGS THERE IS ONLY A FEW LEFT SO WORTH SAVING THE PARTS AND TAGS
WILL BE ON ORIGINAL REG NOT THE ONE IN PHOTOS
SPEEDO AND REV COUNTER SEEM OK WOOD IS THERE ON DASH
+ MORE PARTS ON IT

THIS IS A RARE THING I WILL DO WITH THIS CAR AS A ONE OFF WHO EVER WINS NEEDS TO PAY THE FULL AMOUNT VIA BANK TRANSFER WITH IN 24 HOURS BE FOR PICKING UP
AND IF THE WINNING BIDDER JUST WANTS A LIST OF PARTS I CAN GET THEM READY OR DELIVER WHAT THEY WANT DEPENDS WHAT THEY WANT DEPENDS ON PRICE BUT STILL NEED TO PAY THO WHOLE A MOUNT IF YOU DON'T WANT THE WHOLE CAR AND JUST A LIST OF PARTS
THIS CAR CAN GO ANY WHERE ABOARD AS LONG AS CAR IS ALL PAID FOR FIRST I CAN HELP DELIVER TO DOCKS
ANY THINK WE CAN DO WE WILL TO HELP YOU WITH THIS CAR AS WE NO HOW RARE IT IS AND HOW HARD PARTS ARE TO GET
ASK BE FOR BIDDING IF YOU NEED HELP
THE REG NOT WITH CAR WILL GET V5 WITH THE ORIGINAL REG JENSEN OWNERS CLUB NO THE CAR AND HOW RARE IT IS AND ITS ALL OVER FACE BOOK TO BE SAVED THE PARTS
OR TO MAKE A HOT ROD A CHASSIS IS GOOD WITH ENGINE BOX IT ALL THERE MINUS SOME RUST
ITS HAD £1,000'S SENT ON IT PAPER WORK GOING BACK THE THE 70'S WELL WORTH PROJECT OR IF YOU JUST WANT V5 AND TAGS WITH FEW PARTS CAN SORT THIS
THANKS AND GOOD LOOK ON THIS RARE CAR MAKE SURE YOU READ BEFORE YOU BID YOU ARE BIDDING ON THE CAR BUT IF YOU ONLY WANT PARTS WE CAN DO THIS BUT NEED TO PAY IN FULL
SELLING DUE TO THE CHAP BEING ILL A WELL KNOWN CAR THAT LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO BUY SUPER RARE WORTH £1,000'S IN PARTS WE ALL NO
THANKS AND GOOD LUCK BIDDING
jensen.gif
jensen.gif (246.3 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-RARE-MK ... ken=cUgayN
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

suffolkpete

Re: Ropey Jensen for sale

#2 Post by suffolkpete » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:25 am

Seems to be selling the identity, there doesn't seem to be much there that is any use. The purchaser could be in for a shock, DVLA are calling for an inspection before allowing any vehicle that has been off the road for a long time to be taxed.
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

JPB

#3 Post by JPB » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:34 pm

The MOT history of the vendor's Transit recovery vehicle worries me rather more than the bollocks he's written around the Jensen! ;)
Maybe he's not a professionally trained motor engineer? :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

alabbasi

#4 Post by alabbasi » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm not sure i'd call the previous owner a collector and I don't think the investment value of a Jensen interceptor justifies anywhere near the level of effort needed to do anything with this pile of rust.

With that said, best of luck to him :thumbs:

GHT

#5 Post by GHT » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Put your legs up, loosen your tie, pour yourself a large glass of whiskey and light up that favourite cigar. You are in a for a real treat. The following attempts to document a car that defines its own genre of style and character. The article below is best read while listening to some smooth jazz.

Man has climbed mount Everest. Gone to the bottom of the ocean. Has fired rockets to the moon. Split the atom. Achieved miracles in every field of human endeavour. And the pinnacle of his success is a certain: A MK1 JENSON INTERCEPTOR, in blue.
But not everyone has the opportunity to own the car they always wanted. Only one lucky buyer amongst you will cruise away in a automobile that is almost guaranteed to get the neighbours talking. This might just be the opportunity you have been looking for to get your very own world renowned MK1 JENSON INTERCEPTOR.
Its the kind of car that’s the last thing you think of before you go to sleep, the penultimate being your rapidly declining bank balance. You get up before breakfast to look at it again. You inspect it daily- not for its obvious and numerous scratches but you inspect it with your own hands for the curved rugged feel of its steel and the ageing grace of its body, the distinctive smell of its upholstery, of its comfort and the feel of an easy, ride in seat that holds you like your favourite armchair.

What’s more it has all those extras you need to be in pure luxury driving heaven. Lets start with the power accessories- the perfectionist in you will love them all.
Electric Sunroof- a wonderful new way of giving a hardtop the character of a convertible. Signal Indicators- an ingenious signalling system that allows those drivers behind you to know of your intention to turn either left or right. Electric mirrors- confirm those second glances you will surely receive as you drive through town by adjusting not only the driving side mirror electronically but the passenger side too. Heated Mirrors- just when you thought the electric mirrors could not get any better.
Electric Windows- you are the captain, you choose which of the four windows receives fresh country air. 10 CD Disc changer- it may not work, but that’s beside the point, as it’s the image, drilled to the back of a seat it says that you are a gentleman of taste and means.

But enough about its numerous electrical features lets discuss the unique and memorable interior.
The first thing you will notice as you step inside the MK1 JENSON INTERCEPTOR, is the richness of character that only comes from a car with unknown numerous owners and over 1,000,000 genuine miles. Its saturated in history that lets you know instantly that this car has seen it all and has lived to tell the tale, almost. Seats and carpets both boldly state that they too have seen 50 years of rumpy-pumpy action. Words can not describe the many surprises that awaits the new proud owner.
Features such as the always open petrol cap panel hint at the relaxed atmosphere of yesteryear. Fold down chairs in the back mean you can choose to convert the automobile into a perfect carrier of leisure equipment, after only a couple of strenuous awkward movements. A retractable sun visor for the rear storage area means your cheap champagne stays chilled as you drive towards the sunny beaches of South France with your lady friend.

Just when you thought that the MK1 JENSON INTERCEPTOR could not get any better, it surprises you with the following free extras:
A worn spare tyre- A memento to the cars extensive history of driving pleasure. A jack, a perfect companion to the worn tyre, as without the jack you would still be driving the worn tyre. Miscellaneous items such as golf balls and office stationary prove that its always been the vehicle of choice for mixing business with pleasure. Impossible to fully describe without first hand experience. I have attempted to capture the feel of what’s it is like to own a car that likes to chart its own road. You will rediscover it everyday. Its all part of owning the worlds most glamorous car. This is how it can be for you.

But why trust a stranger you have never met? Let me provide you with actual quotes from some neutral source passengers and onlookers who have been graced with its presence in the two days that I have owned it…
‘Well it ran, once.’ – Previous owner.
‘Its comfortable anyway’-Brother.
‘Has it been crashed before?’ -Friend.
‘At least it won't get stolen.’ Father.
‘Wow’ -Potential romantic Interest.
So if you’re a gentleman of renowned style and not afraid to make a bold statement call me today to discuss the particulars. The Blue MK1 JENSON INTERCEPTOR, It’s a simple choice.

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

#6 Post by mr rusty » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:25 pm

The full story of this car was on the Facebook page, the ex-owner had posted some other pics which have since been removed for some reason..... apparently it sat in front of his house for years and years, gradually decaying, until it was hit by an overturned out of control horse box, the FB pics have now gone but it all looked pretty dramatic and it wasn't the it classic that got mashed.
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.

JPB

#7 Post by JPB » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:49 am

What's a Jenson? :? :P
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

harvey

#8 Post by harvey » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:59 pm

JPB wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:49 am
What's a Jenson? :? :P
Currently over 35 years worth of fixing 35 boxes.
Hoping to reach 65 years worth of fixing 65 boxes.

GHT

#9 Post by GHT » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:57 pm

When the new owner has restored the Jensen to showroom standard, I've got a new project for him. ( It wouldn't be a her.)
ferrari330gt.jpg
ferrari330gt.jpg (103.81 KiB) Viewed 4407 times