1965 singer vogue recomission

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
JPB

Re: 1965 singer vogue recomission

#331 Post by JPB » Sat May 21, 2016 8:21 pm

:drool: :thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#332 Post by rich. » Sun May 22, 2016 5:12 am

nice pics.. where were you? :thumbs:

kevin

#333 Post by kevin » Sun May 22, 2016 8:38 am

rich. wrote:nice pics.. where were you? :thumbs:
Out and about around Llangollen rich, near where I live

Kev

rich.

#334 Post by rich. » Sun May 22, 2016 8:43 am

lovely scenery! i bought a celica gt4 from near there once, it was a lovely drive up to see it in my mg... :D

Flatlander

#335 Post by Flatlander » Sun May 22, 2016 10:45 am

Only just seen this thread. Reading it brought back a lot of good memories for me. Some because of the fact that I've covered a lot of miles in a Vogue, others because of good times in the area around Chirk/Llangollen. I recognised where every single photo was taken!

Thanks for posting.

kevin

#336 Post by kevin » Sun May 22, 2016 11:12 am

Flatlander wrote:Only just seen this thread. Reading it brought back a lot of good memories for me. Some because of the fact that I've covered a lot of miles in a Vogue, others because of good times in the area around Chirk/Llangollen. I recognised where every single photo was taken!

Thanks for posting.
Cheers FL, glad it brings back memories, any pics of your Vogue?

Kev

kevin

#337 Post by kevin » Sun May 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Weather was dissapoingly wet this afternoon so cracked on with a little job.
I did a favour for a mate and in return (unexpectedly) he gave me these lovely Lucas spotlights

Stripped them right down and gave them a good clean flowed by some nice wax polish.
I've always liked this style of lamp so I am considering swapping them for the Lucas ones currently fitted to my Singer.

So, left spot or right spot?

Kev

Flatlander

#338 Post by Flatlander » Sun May 22, 2016 5:44 pm

kevin wrote:
Flatlander wrote:Only just seen this thread. Reading it brought back a lot of good memories for me. Some because of the fact that I've covered a lot of miles in a Vogue, others because of good times in the area around Chirk/Llangollen. I recognised where every single photo was taken!

Thanks for posting.
Cheers FL, glad it brings back memories, any pics of your Vogue?

Kev
I doubt any photos, but will look. Mine was a Series II, maroon with beige roof. Went all over the UK with that car...utterly reliable

kevin

#339 Post by kevin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:56 pm

Fantastic weather today so, after a lovely long walk along the Llangollen canal with my dogs, it was home to get my Singer out.
Went through Llangollen which was rammed packed due to a combination of glorious weather and a huge scooter rally (scooters were normal size but the gathering was large ) :D

Seen a few classics, lots of classic bikes and scooters.

Had an email from a man today to say the 1965 Motorola radio I have bought off him has been finished (he restores them) and will be with me midweek so I will get the Sony unit out and the Motorola fitted. When I first got the Singer it had a modern unit (1980s radio cassette) fitted so I have a genuine Rootes under dash radio console unit to house the Motorola in.

Kev

kevin

#340 Post by kevin » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:08 pm

When I first got the Singer, it came with a centre mounted Pye radio cassette and under dash 8 track.
I removed these, carefully saving the genuine Roots centre consul.
Previously, I had bought a lovely Sony portable radio complete with a car fitting kit so it could be used either as a portable radio or a fitted radio in the car (to dodge the required radio license regs at the time I'm told)

Whilst it's a fine radio, unusual and also allowed me to plug my iPod in for music during the evening tootle, it wasn't the look I was after.

By chance, a few weeks ago I met a bloke who was very much into classic radios, we got talking and he told me he had a Motorola he was working on, in great condition (he changes a lot of parts tho..got a list if anyone is interested) and best of all, it was manufactured in 1965, same vintage as the Singer.
A deal was done and this afternoon I got it fitted.

Over the moon with how it looks and to be fair, using the lead he fitted, it plays my iPod and sounds every bit as good as the Sony (need to eBay that now)

Kev