Austin A30 Seven

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
arceye

Re: Austin A30 Seven

#81 Post by arceye » Tue May 17, 2016 9:28 am

That is a job for the to do list Rich, along with all the others :scared: at least most of the list I can now visit at my leisure :) just need to stop the old house from crumbling for another year now to keep the missus happy. She has a list far longer than the one I have for the Austin :( so I'd better knock one or two items off it to keep things sweet, you know, little things that the women folk expect like keeping the weather on the outside etc ...

rich.

#82 Post by rich. » Tue May 17, 2016 1:00 pm

arceye wrote:keep the missus happy....
good luck with that mate ;) hope you have better luck than me :lol: :lol:

gazza82

#83 Post by gazza82 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:13 pm

rich. wrote:
arceye wrote:keep the missus happy....
good luck with that mate ;) hope you have better luck than me :lol: :lol:
It's one of the main reasons all our cars are getting neglected and I haven't started my A35 rebuild .. I may have to resort to paying a garage! :scared:

Someone keeps thinking up new things to do .. her latest wheeze was to replace most of the inner doors in the house ... 15 of them - varying sizes, and weights .. what no-one took into account was builder's can't make f*&%ing rectangular door frames! I've had to "modify" six of them and still have to patch up where the old lock plates fit in the frames .. oh and paint 15 doors on both sides and edges .. glad I convinced her to go for 2 panel doors ... :roll:

But why oh why do they think of more things before I've even finished that?!?!?!?!? :shock:

Oh and B&Q One-Coat paint ... doesn't! Two minimum ... :x
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

kstrutt1

#84 Post by kstrutt1 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:13 pm

I know your problem, rebuilding a range rover, at the same time as re-fitting the utility room (have to make all the cupboards from scratch to get the desired design), but to do this I need to steal some floor boards from the kitchen so Knocking that and the dining room into one is also a task for the summer. All is not lost though, paint, tiles, plaster and cement need time to set, that is my car fiddling time!

Kevin

arceye

#85 Post by arceye » Tue May 17, 2016 5:14 pm

:lol:

Fortunately my inside list isn't too bad, most work for the summer is outside, but I have promised to redo the bathroom come winter so she has a walk in shower rather than me having to balance her while she climbs in and out of the bath cos she's no fun if she falls over and bangs her noggin, oh and she wants a timber floor on top of the front rooms original flagstones so there is no step in and out.

Rich, why is it builders can't make anything square? Is it cos they are all too busy drinking tea to fetch the levels and plumb bobs from the van ;)

rich.

#86 Post by rich. » Tue May 17, 2016 9:28 pm

arceye wrote::lol:

Fortunately my inside list isn't too bad, most work for the summer is outside, but I have promised to redo the bathroom come winter so she has a walk in shower rather than me having to balance her while she climbs in and out of the bath cos she's no fun if she falls over and bangs her noggin, oh and she wants a timber floor on top of the front rooms original flagstones so there is no step in and out.

Rich, why is it builders can't make anything square? Is it cos they are all too busy drinking tea to fetch the levels and plumb bobs from the van ;)
ahh seems you have never been in a house i have worked on.....if you are building an italian walk in shower before you tile it make sure to seal all the joints with tape..
as for your floor make sure you insulate it or pull up the flagstone & put in a heated concrete slab... she will thank you for it!!

have a lookie at this...sorry its in frenchist, i cant find the uk equivalent..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45-V8X_VNcs

http://www.distriartisan.fr/kit-de-mont ... GwodmlYN4A

arceye

#87 Post by arceye » Wed May 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Thanks Rich :thumbs:

rich.

#88 Post by rich. » Thu May 19, 2016 4:29 pm

another little trick i have for painting house doors is to spray them.. leaves a nice finish without brush marks.. one side at a time so it takes a while but its worth it & i get to hide in the workshop too :D

TerryG

#89 Post by TerryG » Thu May 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Are all the doors in your house the same colour as your transit rich? ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

junkyarddog

#90 Post by junkyarddog » Thu May 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Epic work Mr Arceye,
A transformation of a humble but worthy little car.

Well done Sir!!
:D