V6 into a RHD Chrysler Neon mk1

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Mitsuru

Re: V6 into a RHD Chrysler Neon mk1(ON HOLD)

#1351 Post by Mitsuru » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:08 pm

With reference to Parcel Farce! Yup their previous reputation still stands firm!

I phoned parcel farce about the charges that will need to pay prior to the parcel being
delivered. The female operator said
"Sorry! but it will need to be done when it reaches the local depot. So call back in a
couple of days!"

Please note she had the details in front of her it's now on express 48 hour delivery!
You could not make this up! I will have to watch the details via the tracker and when
it gets to the local depot, depending on what they mean by local depot! I will have to
make payment. if before 7pm then it will be out the following day unless the weekend!

Another thing said "Oh! we send a letter out telling you that there is a customs charge!"
The last two I have had no such letter and they attempted delivery and door step
payment! Which means If I am not in I would have to make payment and possibly
additional delivery charges or collect it from lord knows where!

Sorry about that! Rant over
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

SirTainleyBarking

#1352 Post by SirTainleyBarking » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:15 pm

arselfart, not quite as bad as Shittylink were, but close
Landrovers and Welding go together like Bread and Butter. And in the wet they are about as structurally sound

Biting. It's like kissing except there's a winner

Mitsuru

#1353 Post by Mitsuru » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 pm

Believe it or not the local City Link were great never had any problems with them. In fact they
went out of their way to accommodate me when I was at my worst!

It reqally depends on who you get as a driver, and what happens to the parcel in transit!

Mitsuru

#1354 Post by Mitsuru » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Okay parcel is now at a depo about 20 miles away by car. Called the company and paid
the charge which turned out to be £31.27 in total! The call centre might be open over
the weekend but not the depo for deliveries. So Tuesday delivery scheduled!

The yazaki gauge plate which had been altered to look like the datsun 240z dual gauge
got damaged! So I w ill have to do them myself!

Mitsuru

#1355 Post by Mitsuru » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Well! Parcel Farce strickes again!!
On Saturday I made payment for the customs charges and confirmed delivery for Tuesday.
I confirmed this TWICE!in two separate phone calls.

On the tracking page on their website has even stated "scheduled for delivery" since payment
was made on Saturday!

After waiting in all day, at 4:30 pm I called Parcel Farce!
Yes they had taken payment, no the parcel was not released from the depot for delivery!

Why?
Because they hadn't marked that payment had been received on the depots system!

Ergo no parcel and a wasted day and a stinking migraine at the same time!

The operator apologised, and had asked me would before noon tomorrow be suitable for delivery.
My answer was "NO!" after 12 noon as there will be nobody in. You watch they will turn up
tomorrow morning when there is nobody in! Ether that or it will be 6 to 10 weeks not days!

Parcel Farce could organise a P'up in a Brewery even if they were given an idiots guide to do so!

Mitsuru

#1356 Post by Mitsuru » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:15 am

It arrived!!! so I've been out playing with the roof rack trying the bits a few different
ways before marking each piece then dismantling it and boxed it up.

While dismantling it I deciphered the code which is on raised text on each bit and how
it goes together. I could have saved time and hassle if I had seen and deciphered it first!

While assembling, I noticed that the dip under the loops moved! And they were not sealed or
had a fitted gaskets to prevent water accumulating between the roof rack and the car roof!

This puzzled me when I looked at the base as it appears to have had a rubber/silicone gasket
upon it!

Is this correct?

Mitsuru

Re: V6 into a RHD Chrysler Neon mk1

#1357 Post by Mitsuru » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:15 pm

I was wanting to do the wiring but something else cropped up! Or rather it didn't!

The bonnet prop hole went as the are was that badly rusted. So what dremel cutting discs
I had were used to cut back to good metal without damaging the full structure of the front
of the bonnet.

A new piece was cut ready, then both the bonnet and the metal piece were wire brushed
clean back to bare metal ready for welding. The inside of the bonnet structure was cleaned
the welding areas taped off and coated with paint.It looks like the plate that came out had
separated from the bonnet loop structure as a lot of rotted metal fell out when it was
removed!

Welding tomorrow or Saturday but for that dad wants the bonnet off the car just in case!
He has seen the bonnet and knows that the area that he will be welding has been stripped back to
get a good weld! You watch the paint will catch fire instead!

Mitsuru

#1358 Post by Mitsuru » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:34 pm

With the weather holding, the bonnet came off and was first tack welded so nothing
warped then the rest welded(I can not weld this was done by my father)

As I didn't want my hand ripped to shred's every time I went to lift the bonnet the weld had
to be grinded flat I don't think my father realised that I needed to do this when he did the
welding!

As the bonnet was upside down on the bench certain angles made it hard for me to do! Yup
you guessed it a servier pain I ended up gripping and holding the grinder and putting my full
weight upon it with it working so what you see on the right of the photo is what got the full
brunt!

For the very front I used a dremel with disks so more gentle and took longer. The holes
I made with the grinder will be welded again!

One of the reasons I held tight onto the grinder was for support and the bonnet had shifted
and a wire brush had gouged into the bonnet skin so another bit down the line that will need
repainting when the bonnet skin has it's holes repaired!

I will be looking into some bonnet gas struts, so I won't be drilling any more holes in that fresh
piece of installed metal!

Mitsuru

#1359 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:59 pm

After the holes had been welded the area was flattened off.

As the skin had started to rust bubble where it folded over the bonnet's frame that had to be dealt
with by wirebrush attachments to the drill.

Your eyes do not deceive you the bonnet was originally blue and I had it painted green some time
ago, but it looks like were they cleaned and did what would be on show. The underside may not have
been degreased before painting!

Internally was coated with black spry sprayed in through the various openings.

one or two bits where it pooled to drip but didn't at leaset it's protected.

I got one of the speaker adapters out fitted the sony speaker put a grill over it to protect it form the
door card before using plastic sheet to make a new weather/water barirer.

The grill might not look pretty but it was all I had and it will do the job behind the door card.

I need to sort out the door glass stablizers before the drop glass gets damaged! And otrher means of holding the
door card on more securely!

Mitsuru

#1360 Post by Mitsuru » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:32 pm

An update!
The neon has had some parts come to sort the drivers door out (been on with that lately) Wiring under the hood is still a mess.
My Health! Sight cleared for driving new perscription glasses received. Currently coming off certain meds which have had a lot of side effects including double vision and the effect of crippling arthritis! (yes the reson so many delays)
Problems now? no access to a road worth vehicle to do running around and weather changing.