V6 into a RHD Chrysler Neon mk1

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Mitsuru

Re: V6 into a RHD Chrysler Neon mk1(ON HOLD)

#1331 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:14 pm

Okay here are those rough sketches for photoshop ideas to give you ideas to start off.
Please remember that the gauge pod is designed so the lip on the frond facia under
the gauges would side under the panel it would be sitting on.

I had to find old paper so it wasn't as reflective and bright so no light could bounce off it.
Then I had to do the drawings in a dimly lit room at knight so and with a thicker pen than
I used too. I can't do it on screen at the moment as white on screen gives me headaches
and blurs my vision like a snow white out!
Hence the delay.
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

rich.

#1332 Post by rich. » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:05 am

is it still on hold? or are you waiting for warmer weather?

Mitsuru

#1333 Post by Mitsuru » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:37 pm

My sight is holding up doing any wiring, and there is lot of that to do!
Also I am waiting till I have in my hand a spare dash, before I even go any further with the current
one. The gentleman I am getting parts from has one and I don't want to cut into the parts of a dash
which might not be repairable without having a spare stock one to go back to if I change my mind!

Everything done to the old dash has been such that it could be repaired and repairs hidden from view.
Fitting a dash pod means cutting into something that will be on constant display and I don't need to
remind anybody about things that will nag you every time you see it on your pride and joy!

Tomorrow is Ryhope so hopefully I will meet some of you there!

Mitsuru

#1334 Post by Mitsuru » Mon May 11, 2015 1:18 am

Health update Vision
Right eye same no change.
Left eye stabilizing, beginning to look less like an operation will be needed to pop the eye ball out and drain the fluid/gel layer. The majority of the gunk in that layer has cleared. But it will still take time to hopefully get back to what it was before. However to stop the two blood vessels from hemraging again, and as it is in my peripheral vision only a small amount of lazering will be done in two weeks time.

I still do not think my sight has recovered enough for me to drive. The fact I am admitting and will to abide by that is something others would probably disagree if they were in the same predicament. And thus, they get behind the the wheel of a car and have an accident!

Something to think on due to lazer treatment in areas of the eye, I found standard single vision untinted lenses can be a problem! Having distance or reading glasses tinted can vastly improve you sight!

Yes too much bright white light from computer screens over the years doesn't help matters for us all. So if you are having a bit of glare in your vision try using some lightly shaded glasses over your perscription glasses to see which tint might be best for you!

For me it is brown tint which has also helped with the blood in that fluid layer. Not everybody will be the same certain colours work better for some than others. Plus if you try with old sunglasses it means you can try the tint before the cost of the opticians eats your finances up!

zipgun

#1335 Post by zipgun » Mon May 11, 2015 5:50 pm

Fact .
"Popping out an eye ball" is about as possible as unscrewing ones head. If it was popped out ,to rest on a cheek , you ain't gonna see out of it ever again .

Mitsuru

#1336 Post by Mitsuru » Mon May 11, 2015 6:55 pm

It was the senior eye consultant at Sunderland Eye Infirmary who said that, I am just repeating his words!

Mitsuru

#1337 Post by Mitsuru » Wed May 13, 2015 1:17 am

I was unable to go outside, so I got the bench top power supply and checked the car
stereos (I miss having a good stereo on in the house and the music on loud!)
I wanted to make sure all okay and what looks useable in the car!

Stereo CD no, USB yes, SD CARD yes, DAB no.But works with my old nokia as a mass
storage device and plays music off it

Day light

At night in doors table lamp on

Only tv on in the room stereo in standby mode

Unly tv on in the room stereo in use.

Stereo CD Yes, USB yes, SD CARD yes, DAB yes.But will not work with my old nokia as
a mass storage device to plays music off it!

Main light on in room

Only tv on in room

Stereo CD yes, USB yes, SD CARD no, DAB no. No idea of it will work with my nokia to
play music off it as usb hard drive I haven't got the plug for the back indoors but stereo
is in house with surround and switches.

Old photo taken 2+years ago

Tell me which one you think looks best for going in the car when the dash goes back
together!

JPB

#1338 Post by JPB » Wed May 13, 2015 9:25 am

I like the look of the first one but tell me; where does the cassette go? :?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TerryG

#1339 Post by TerryG » Wed May 13, 2015 9:42 am

I assume you mean 8 track there John ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#1340 Post by JPB » Wed May 13, 2015 10:39 am

Naturally. Though blank carts for the machine - seen below these words - are becoming ridiculously expensive:

:ugeek: :D

And yes, that is mine :oops: , I rebuilt it, do use it regularly and would be quite prepared to take the Marmite test if someone were to question whether I just took the photo a few seconds prior to posting..
8-)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: