1965 singer vogue recomission

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
kevin

Re: 1965 singer vogue recomission

#311 Post by kevin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Just got back from a 60 mile trip out and about.
The new oil really seems to suit the Singer, tickover is definitely sweeter and the oil pressure gauge is reading a little bit higher on the run and a bit higher still at tickover, so all in all a worthwhile upgrade.
The ride out was a lovely round trip, called in to a local National Trust House........Chirk Castle,

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/chirk-castle/

A lovely place and a chance for a quick pic

Kev

Luxobarge

#312 Post by Luxobarge » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:44 pm

That's some lovely wrought iron there.

And the gates are nice, too. ;)
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

kevin

#313 Post by kevin » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Was working on the recommissioning of my bmw motorbike today, decided as I would be in the garage for a while to fire up the Singer.
Pleased that after a little crank to build the oil pressure up she fired and settled into a nice tick over. Left her to get nice and hot and after a check over tucked her back up under the dust sheet.
Can't wait for springtime!

Kev

bjdav

#314 Post by bjdav » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:16 pm

Hello Kevin , found this thread in a search for Singer Vogue , I am from Oswestry and I am in the middle of a 13 year restoration of a 1966 mkIV vogue :roll: , all bodywork restoration has been done and reading your experiences has made me want to finally get around to sourcing all the hard to find rubber and trim parts I need , and get around to getting her back on the road

kevin

#315 Post by kevin » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:58 am

bjdav wrote:Hello Kevin , found this thread in a search for Singer Vogue , I am from Oswestry and I am in the middle of a 13 year restoration of a 1966 mkIV vogue :roll: , all bodywork restoration has been done and reading your experiences has made me want to finally get around to sourcing all the hard to find rubber and trim parts I need , and get around to getting her back on the road

Hello there, any pics of your resto?
you are more than welcome to visit if you need to take some reference pics etc or just see how something fits.

Kev

bjdav

#316 Post by bjdav » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:09 pm

I got mine around 15 years ago in exchange for a Mercedes engine and used it for 2 years , its a 1725cc manual in Moss Green , it was the opposite of yours , lots of rust and everything I looked at opened up more horrors so I started the restoration , I completed a bare metal restoration but during the refitting it was damaged in storage so I left it untill a couple of years ago and started again , it is now in the position of being ready for refitting , again , mostly , everything in the doors , glass , shiny trim and a rough running engine , I have wired in a modern alarm and central locking as I rebuilt it , my main problems at the moment are the cracked dashpad which I am having re covered in stitched leather and the headlining , I have lots of pictures from the first attempt but these were before digital cameras :D , so I will scan some in one evening , seeing yours has really got me remembering what a smooth comfortable car it was to drive even if just before it was taken off the road it was fitted with a Hillman Hunter engine with home made engine mounts to hold it upright instead of over at an angle as it sat in the Hunter :oops:
Brian

bjdav

#317 Post by bjdav » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:14 pm

It will be 50yo in July 2015 so I think it deserves finishing before that being as it has survived against the odds for this long :D

bjdav

#318 Post by bjdav » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:32 pm

I see yours is a UN reg which I think used to be Denbighshire , and mine is MA, it was originally supplied by Anchor Motors in Wrexham which I think now is the HSS hire shop down by the old market car park , so neither have strayed far from home

kevin

#319 Post by kevin » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:44 pm

Mine was supplied new to a wrexham gent so definately hasnt strayed far.

Kev

bjdav

#320 Post by bjdav » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:13 pm

Well if it turns out half as good as yours I will be a happy man , I just love the originality of yours