Overdrive Classics - Buckingham

Know of a good garage, mechanic, sprayer, supplier in your area? Why not post their details here. Please only post if you have actually used and received good service from this person or place AS A CUSTOMER. Also if you can put the area in the title that will be helpful - when we have enough we'll separate them into Counties / Shires. Note: this is for private members' recommendations, NOT owner/proprietors to punt their businesses - these will be removed.
lotusk

Overdrive Classics - Buckingham

#1 Post by lotusk » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:14 pm

Hello all,

Just found a fantastic classic friendly garage just outside Buckingham. They are tucked out of the way but they were recommended by a friend with a Daimler 250 V8.

They had my Elan Sprint last week and did a fantastic job. Kieran, who runs the garage is also very knowledgable.

Recommended, should anyone else be near Buckingham.... http://www.overdriveclassiccars.com

Cheers,

Sarah :D

tomcat

Re: Overdrive Classics - Buckingham

#2 Post by tomcat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:40 am

Can also recommend them. :D
Friendly service at good rates ;)

They are in bigger premises at Mursley, Bucks now.
1960 Hillman Husky Series 2
1972 Hillman Imp Super
1975 Lancia Fulvia S3
1981 Lancia Montecarlo S2

JBW

#3 Post by JBW » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:14 pm

Just been advised this company have gone bust.

They had stripped my Daimler to repair the cill and now have asked that I arrange for the car to be removed from the premises as their lease is only paid until the end of July 2014.

This has caused me major problems and I think it right that others should be aware that work may not be completed.

Regards,

John.

rich.

#4 Post by rich. » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:53 pm

bad luck mate.

JPB

#5 Post by JPB » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:06 pm

JBW wrote:Just been advised this company have gone bust.

They had stripped my Daimler to repair the cill and now have asked that I arrange for the car to be removed from the premises as their lease is only paid until the end of July 2014.

This has caused me major problems and I think it right that others should be aware that work may not be completed.

Regards,

John.
:idea:

Phil, Fuzz, either of you chaps reading this? Sounds to me like a great SOS job! :thumbs:

(Just don't let that Tim buy a wireless set for it.. ;) )
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

vwvanJM

#6 Post by vwvanJM » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:55 am

This company recently restored a splitscreen van for me, a full respray. It took much longer than the time I was originally quoted. Collected van from them March and it had to go back as rust was coming through the fresh paint.

The van was collected, taken back and repaired. Upon getting the van home the second time, rust has developed in the space of weeks all over, resulting in me having to spend thousands to have the work rectified. The chassis was also very distorted, engine was damaged and electrics required a complete new loom. I found the owner, impeccably rude, and extremely unprofessional as well as having a immensely low standard of workmanship. It was lie after lie, and excuse after excuse.

They had lost various parts of my van, which when confronted, was told they never had them. I produced photographic evidence to prove they did. Low and behold weeks later, they were found. I have started legal proceedings against the company for the rectification work needed on my vehicle. They have not replied to any letters of grievance sent to the company.

Kieran Harper is the director and responsible. I have recently noted that they have began to trade under the new name Bucks classic coachworks but no website as of yet.

It is my advice to avoid any interaction with any companies Kieran Harper owns, if vehicle related.

The aim of this post is to ensure that no other people are victims of this company are taken in and let other know who may be in a similar boat, you are not on your own. The courts will decide!

JBW

#7 Post by JBW » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:53 am

Interesting last post and fully agree with everything said.

My experience was similar but I assumed there was a 'no naming and shaming' policy here.

I have also noticed that the original poster recommending the place comes from Milton Keynes and has a Lotus connection - just like Mr Harper.

So it looks like a scam from start to finish.

Luxobarge

#8 Post by Luxobarge » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:46 am

Thanks for the intelligence guys, so long as your posts are fact and not subjective opinion then there's no problem, in fact in my view it's useful to have feedback on the bad as well as the good.

This is why we really prefer recommendations to come from "known" members on here, we always get a bit suspicious if a new member's first post is in this section!

Cheers all :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

UKJeeper

#9 Post by UKJeeper » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Luxobarge wrote:Thanks for the intelligence guys, so long as your posts are fact and not subjective opinion then there's no problem, in fact in my view it's useful to have feedback on the bad as well as the good.

This is why we really prefer recommendations to come from "known" members on here, we always get a bit suspicious if a new member's first post is in this section!

Cheers all :D
I think you have a right to be suspicious. Searching for Kieran Harper brings up a co-director of "Overdrive Classic Cars", called "Sarah" (Paine). The same name as the OP? Hmmmmmmm.

https://www.opencompany.co.uk/company/0 ... c-cars-ltd

Unfortunately, it also brings up this result. Same name, same age, same address as Sarah (Nash Road). Not stating for a moment it's verified, but the facts seem to be there in B&W...

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/local- ... il-4209914