Mis -firing MGB GT (been here before!)

Post your technical queries / problems here!
jagiron

Re: Mis -firing MGB GT (been here before!)

#11 Post by jagiron » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:00 pm

speaking of dud parts any one suggest a reliable source for an o/d switch(top of gear handle) for my MGB. Had two from different sources and both duds.

JPB

#12 Post by JPB » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 pm

A '67 should have a dashboard mounted switch and Vehicle Wiring Products, AES and AGM should all carry these stock toggle switches as used on a '67 like your car.

This page http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/s ... r-switches shows what VWP have to offer just now, so whether yours is a plastic paddle type or a metal toggle, they have such things at reasonable cost.

I just noticed that you mentioned the gear lever type, but like the ballast in the feed for the ignition coil, these aren't a 1967 thing either. :?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

jagiron

#13 Post by jagiron » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:43 am

:D Morning, sorry for late reply to problems, have been on hols.Discovered fault, bracket holding fuel pump to body was loose,causing pump to move about and I presume causing terminal to earth, especially when on a slope, but all ok now running well(till the next time) Thanks to all for the suggestions, made me look at a few things!!!