help with misfiring Metro

Post your technical queries / problems here!
kevin

Re: help with misfiring Metro

#21 Post by kevin » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Can you not fit an accuspark distributer? Best £58 I spent on my Singer to be honest

http://www.accuspark.co.uk/distributors.html

Kev

JPB

#22 Post by JPB » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:27 pm

^^^

That approach could eliminate ignition components as a source of the trouble where buying the same components from a different source wouldn't. Only fitting (NOS) Bakelite arms will guarantee that they won't leak, at least not before they're old and have shed enough lacquer to let the resin absorb airborne moisture.
Is this a Lucas distributor or a Ducellier one though? If Lucas, then there are other options open to you. Also, let me know if you want a couple of suitable caps to try. I have some now that fit inside even the tiny cans in 45D distributors, so you'd have no external signs that the ignition system would likely be reliable. :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Fatbloke

#23 Post by Fatbloke » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:43 pm

PaulTugwell wrote:Hi all

Thank you for your interesting responses.

They have generally followed my thinking on the problem.

I have today fitted a heat shield below the carburettor and will see if that helps, my thinking being that it cost nothing to do and certainly wont do any harm, the test this afternoon was promising but I have thought that before so wont jump to conclusions.

If this does help I will purchase another set of ignition components from a different source to try and positively eliminate those parts from the equation.

I will let you all know how it progress's

Best regards

Paul
Bl**dy hell! you mean I was right?? That's the 1st time I might have been able to help someone with a technical quiry! I think I might have to go and lie down in a darkened room!
Mike.

A Fatbloke in a Herald

sierra3dr

#24 Post by sierra3dr » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:18 am

What is the condition of the carbon tip inside the dizzy cap,which sits on the rotor arm?