Head bolt Torqueing

Post your technical queries / problems here!
TerryG

Re: Head bolt Torqueing

#21 Post by TerryG » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:10 pm

My "post town" is Uttoxeter but I don't live in the town itself. It's a good job as with the grinding noises I make every weekend I would annoy the neighbours pretty quickly.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

sierra3dr

#22 Post by sierra3dr » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:42 am

jonnyhahn wrote: I have a new problem. When driving if you take your foot off the accelerator the RPM stick at about 2000RPM. It also does this when changing gear even if the engine is below 2000 when changing gear it shoots up. Then when you come up to a red light it will jump up to 2000RPM and you have to rev it for it to go back down to a normal idle speed and it will ever so slowly climb to 2000 again. Occasionally as well it will pulse on idle around the correct idle speed.
Thanks again guys!
How many miles have you done since disconnecting the battery? ECU's do need to learn KAM again,say after 10 miles

jonnyhahn

#23 Post by jonnyhahn » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:59 pm

Just an update. I changed the throttle body and the idle control valve with one of the spares I have and played with it till I got it running just right. It idled at 800ish but would occasionally search for 800 and stall. Then by chance I stopped at an old mechanic close to home and the man who owned the place started his career and spent a lot of time on Lancias. He checked the ECU out and found out it was pumping about 5 times the amount of fuel its meant to due to the ECU mixture screw having been messed about with. Got that sorted and then he also had a look over the ICL and now it runs like a dream! for no touch wood!! Hopefully from next year she should be out at a few shows :-)