Side indicator lamp identification

Post your technical queries / problems here!
Murray

Re: Side indicator lamp identification

#11 Post by Murray » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:10 pm

JPB

#12 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:25 pm

That's a 734 for an ADO17 and some early Maxis apparently. But the O/P's photo shows either a 903 or 903A, the screw holes are the clue.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Adam43

#13 Post by Adam43 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Thanks all. I'll delve into the detail tomorrow when i have more time. It's not the L734, the screw is the give away. That very expense ouch looks like it.

JPB, 903. :)

My rationale for generic being harder to find is simply that original parts are more likely to keep being made. Who wants an original incorrect part ;) that and being able to identify by car as well as part number might help.

Thanks again.

Young Farmer

#14 Post by Young Farmer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:56 pm

Just come back from collecting new points for an SU fuel pump from a local supplier and there was a repeater lamp exactly as yours by the counter. It was in a blister pack, made by Maypole. If you have a problem getting one send me a message with distance between screw holes and I will go back and get the part no.
Dave

tractorman

#15 Post by tractorman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:44 pm

Adam43

#16 Post by Adam43 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Best picture I can find of it on internet, it's in Keke Rosberg Williams. Not the same car I originally saw it in, but you can see where it was positioned.
http://www.schuerkamp.de/zope/hoover/ra ... ockpit.jpg

I'm pretty good at tracking things down, but google and the local motor factors drew up a blank. A day and a bit on this forum and hurrah! Thanks, I'm a couple of quid down and it is now winging its way to me!
I recognise the packaging that it comes in from the towing section of motor factors in the past, but don't remember seeing this.

Thanks again.

Young Farmer

#17 Post by Young Farmer » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:28 am

I don't suppose you have a lot of time monitoring warning lights when racing. Have you thought of fitting a buzzer? We had a lorry damage an engine because the oil light wasn't that visible in low winter sun. We fitted buzzers to most of the fleet and did save 1 engine when an oil filter seal failed. Bit annoying on start up until pressure builds up but a cheap belt and braces protection in the event of oil pressure loss.

mach1rob

#18 Post by mach1rob » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:03 pm

IIRC the old Ford Cargos had warning buzzers for low air pressure. I seem to remember waiting for it to shut up the first start up after the weekend, but then this was 20 years ago now.

Richard Moss

#19 Post by Richard Moss » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Holden Vintage and Classic look like a good bet:
http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproducts ... rker+Lamps

Adam43

#20 Post by Adam43 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Young Farmer wrote:I don't suppose you have a lot of time monitoring warning lights when racing. Have you thought of fitting a buzzer? We had a lorry damage an engine because the oil light wasn't that visible in low winter sun. We fitted buzzers to most of the fleet and did save 1 engine when an oil filter seal failed. Bit annoying on start up until pressure builds up but a cheap belt and braces protection in the event of oil pressure loss.
Nice idea.

I moved it so that it sits just behind the steering wheel on the dashtop/bulkhead. It used to be down on the dash proper and that was no good. Coincidentally this is where Keke Rosberg had it on his Williams, so if it is good enough for him! I was in the museum and noticed that Williams had copied my idea (25 years earlier) I was thrilled. Guy next to me thought I was mad.
It is in my line of sight now and does the job. I can even use it as a performance indicator. Despite some severe baffling in the sump when I'm really on it the oil pressure light will briefly flash on in the odd corner. The hairpin at Mallory is one.

It arrived in the post today. Cheap as chips. Thanks again to the PC collective.