Sourcing Nissan Repair panels?

Post your technical queries / problems here!
SirTainleyBarking

Sourcing Nissan Repair panels?

#1 Post by SirTainleyBarking » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:57 pm

I have a dissolving Nissan Sunny Coupe which I'd like to get back on the road. I took it off the road because the rear inner wings were the strength of wet cardboard, and there were a few other bits of interest like perforated chassis legs and engine mounting points. Funnily enough the rest of the car is quite sound (!)

Now in theory I could fabricate up some of the parts needed, but to help save some effort (ok I'll have to fettle) and some time, I'd like to know if anyone can supply repair panels, specifically rear inner wing panels, which are quite big and will need to be made up in pieces if I can't get a piece to slot in as one.

Any ideas? I've tried Hadrians, expressed and Oldpanels, but nothing has jumped out yet.
Landrovers and Welding go together like Bread and Butter. And in the wet they are about as structurally sound

Biting. It's like kissing except there's a winner

CompoSimmonite

Re: Sourcing Nissan Repair panels?

#2 Post by CompoSimmonite » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Have you tried main agent ?
Might be a long short but if they can give you the part numbers then they might also be able to a search to see if any other dealer still have NOS on the shelves.

Paul H

michael1703

#3 Post by michael1703 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:11 pm

what year/model sunny ?

SirTainleyBarking

#4 Post by SirTainleyBarking » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 pm

michael1703 wrote:what year/model sunny ?
1988 / F plate Sunny Coupe 1.6GL
CompoSimmonite wrote:Have you tried main agent ?
Might be a long short but if they can give you the part numbers then they might also be able to a search to see if any other dealer still have NOS on the shelves.

Paul H
Thats a fair point. The Local Nissan main dealer was quite helpful, but last time I passed by they seem to have lost the franchise.
I've used the main dealers in the past, but to be fair I got better prices and sourcing outside the dealer network The B12 estate (On which mine is based, just in a fancy frock) was very popular in the midlands and for stuff like rotor arms and various odds and sods, I did trawl the local motor factors for and get some good results.(Rotor arm was Nissan boxed, and they were happy to sell it to me to for a tenner- Nissan original was 3 times that and the pattern parts were crud) . I'm also tempted to think that the inner wing panels wouldn't have been that available, as when modern, any car needing them would have been in a rear ender, and frankly not really in a fit state to repair. I might see if I can get an older Nissan Electronic parts catalogue off the bay of e to help in this.

Thanks for the ideas
Landrovers and Welding go together like Bread and Butter. And in the wet they are about as structurally sound

Biting. It's like kissing except there's a winner

michael1703

#5 Post by michael1703 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:48 pm

ah, yes that is a hard model to get bits for, only 91-95 on Hadrians site