Jaguar Mk2

Post your technical queries / problems here!
bobsmith

Jaguar Mk2

#1 Post by bobsmith » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi any one, I'm restoring a Mk2 and whilst I have photographed/sketched each stage of it's dis-assembly I did not record how I removed the brake servo vacuum tank , this may have been because the shield of the one I took out was largely non existant.Can anyone advise me exactly how and where it is fitted please? After much persuading I have managed to get the servo remounted and all the hydraulics in place nicely now but this tank fixing to the crossmember and what happens to the leg of metal sticking up is really foxing me! Nothing in my manuals helps and even Jag' enthusiasts seem unable to advise. Cheers Bob Smith.

classicsfan

Re: Jaguar Mk2

#2 Post by classicsfan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi
The brake servo tank is located underneath the front drivers side wing directly behind the spotlight, the tank is attached to the tank shield by 4 off 2ba screws. ( tank shield part no from sng Barrat is C 24913)The assembly is then attached to the front crossmember by 2off 13mm bolts. The final rod or stay which you mention is to help support the complete unit and is positioned from the top of the shield ( picking up one of the 4 screws which hold the tank to the shield)to front of the brake servo cover. Hope this is of some help.

Luxobarge

#3 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:01 pm

classicsfan wrote: 2off 13mm bolts. .
[pedant] surely not? 1/2" AF I would have thought, surely a MkII Jag doesn't use metric? [/pedant] ;)

Really helpful post actually - there's a man who knows his Jags!

Cheers :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Luxobarge wrote:
classicsfan wrote: 2off 13mm bolts. .
[pedant] surely not? 1/2" AF I would have thought, surely a MkII Jag doesn't use metric? [/pedant] ;)

Really helpful post actually - there's a man who knows his Jags!

Cheers :D
[double pedant]3/8 Whitworth, surely?[/double pedant] :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

classicsfan

#5 Post by classicsfan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:15 pm

Sorry about the bolt size .its just the bolts that I had at particular time.It must be nice to be a perfectionist.

s-type

#6 Post by s-type » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:16 am

bob give me your email and i will email you the parts and service manual. Or do you not have that already?
1967 S-type Jaguar -Running like a dream.
1971 DS420 Hearse. -Now actually running and has just run a 16.7 Quarter Mile @ Santa Pod. - bloody hell!

Oh and your 1995 Volvo is not a classic. Still think it is? Take it to a classic car show.....

bobsmith

#7 Post by bobsmith » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi, thanks for the respose, my email is robert.smith61@virginmedia.com thanks for the offer of help. Bob Smith.