Spring 2011 Issue

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
JPB

Re: Spring 2011 Issue

#11 Post by JPB » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:54 pm

The Maestro marathon was the most entertaining thing I've seen in PC for quite some years.
More feats of endurance involving similarly under rated, "bread & butter" old tin please. :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

tractorman

#12 Post by tractorman » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:37 am

I get this feeling of Deja vu!

The tyre article was in about three years ago (at guess) as I went and checked the tyres on my then "new" tractor: IIRC, they were made in 1984! I have been using Kurust for a while as it is easy to get and was recommended in an earlier PC. I gave a copy of PC to my last "manager" (within five years) as it had a good article on nuts and bolts, there has been an Amazon guide in the not too distant past and I'm sure I've seen the brake pipe article somewhere! Oh yes, there was something about the Westie being finished soon :lol:

OTOH, I enjoyed reading the Jag articles, the tech queries are often interesting and I was amused to read that classic prices are holding up - or improving - unlike some comments on the forum suggesting otherwise!

I should add that I was given the mag by my Starion-owning friend. He says he saw one with no back wheel arches on eBay for £1000 and reckons if the arches are gone, the rest of the car is probably in a really bad way (he's had three Starions in the last four years or so). So it looks as if your recent "Upcoming classics" article is having some effect on the market!

loveoldclassics

#13 Post by loveoldclassics » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:48 pm

I have always liked the E-Type, so I really enjoyed this issue.
I am loveclassics