Suzuki Jeep any chance ???????

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
jimtylee

Suzuki Jeep any chance ???????

#1 Post by jimtylee » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:08 pm

Wonder if the team could do something on the Suzuki Jeep sj413/410......really scarce now and old, fetching high prices for decent ones......never seen anything in the Mag on these
lots of interest on the forums
Jim Tylee

Luxobarge

Re: Suzuki Jeep any chance ???????

#2 Post by Luxobarge » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:19 pm

Moved to "Feedback arena" as this is feedback specifically for Practical Classics Magazine, not the forum itself (I presume!).

Cheers! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Minxy

#3 Post by Minxy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:59 pm

We have two of those at school. Predominately they are projects for our after school 'restoration club' One is, I think, a Samurai? It's got wide track? Came to us as a gift after the owner ( an ex pupil) cut the back off to make an off reader and subsequently rolled it twisting it badly in the process, it's a write off in effect but we have made it into a flat bed by constructing sides and a floor with working tail gate.We have also made sump guards, sill skids etc etc. At the moment it's being filled and prep'd for paint. It will then be sold as a off-roader.

The other is an older soft top in yellowy beige colour. This was purchased at three years old for a farm hack, it's never had an MOT because it was never on the road. This one is simply being re commissioned on behalf of the head of technologies who provided the funds to buy it.

We also have an MG Midget waiting and a herald estate.
Never play chess with a pigeon. It will knock all the pieces over, S*#t on the board and then strut around pretending it won.

jimtylee

#4 Post by jimtylee » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:26 pm

Okay well done, mine is a hard top called a van for some unknown reason.....did the welding on drivers floor where they all go.....and rear corners......other than that its pretty good all round.....notices on window DO YOU WANT TO SELL THIS JEEP....when i return from shopping....of course not......
Jim

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:25 pm

ive driven a couple, bouncy & fun :lol: but not something id like to drive a on a long trip.. :D

TerryG

#6 Post by TerryG » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:41 am

I realise that we are in back to the future at the moment and that the internet is quite slow in rich's bit of france but a 3 month delay on replying is a tad slow.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#7 Post by JPB » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:13 am

TerryG wrote:I realise that we are in back to the future at the moment and that the internet is quite slow in rich's bit of france but a 3 month delay on replying is a tad slow.
:lol:

Maybe he achieved 88mph in his truck during a French electrical storm and sort of fell through time?
Or perhaps not, 'cos EDF wouldn't have made the connection at the right time..

I like these small Suzukis and once sat in one as ballast (I assume that's how I came to be invited along) during some form of competitive driving through mud event down in the Cheviots. The Suzuki went pretty well and, when it did get stuck, was light enough to be rescued by the Fiat Panda that had followed us into that section, managed to pass us, stopped, tied on and got going again with the extra weight of the stranded Suzuki on the end of a rope behind it. ISTR that the Panda went on to win its class and only missed the top slot as a result of being up against a Lada Niva in the final round but the Suzuki looked the cutest, IMHO, and would be very welcome in my collection of random, broken vehicles. :)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#8 Post by rich. » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:35 pm

TerryG wrote:I realise that we are in back to the future at the moment and that the internet is quite slow in rich's bit of france but a 3 month delay on replying is a tad slow.
cheeky bugger :lol: id only just spotted this thread & thought i would add my nonsense :lol: