Latest PC

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
arceye

Latest PC

#1 Post by arceye » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:31 am

Well, I moaned and groaned and even came close to swearing off PC this month, all because I don't see a relatively youngtimer Aston Martin as either classic or practical, surely there is a criteria that needs to be met, either by some real age or a little age & easy affordability.....might just be me but there you go :cry:

BUT..... then I found Odgie was contributing, and whilst it probably wont be practical, its old and I bet it will be interesting.

Well saved PC, well saved :D .... and the rest of mag aint bad either

and if you don't know who Odgie is, well then you've probably been living under a stone the last 30 odd years or so ;)

rich.

Re: Latest PC

#2 Post by rich. » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:22 pm

arceye wrote: and if you don't know who Odgie is, well then you've probably been living under a stone the last 30 odd years or so ;)

thats me :D :D

arceye

#3 Post by arceye » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:04 pm

Well if you slept through it Rich.. ;)

http://www.odgie.com/

should bring you up to speed with the man. Basically though, he was known for being a bit wild and building cool stuff.

rich.

#4 Post by rich. » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:54 pm

never heard of him :oops:
interesting stuff though :thumbs:

TerryG

#6 Post by TerryG » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:52 pm

I can't remember if this is about December's issue or not so I will add to this anyway.
What's with the 'over 75? It is the same year as my daily driver. I wouldn't describe it as an "older" car. Danny had his e36 voted out fairly recently, this is even newer and arguably less interesting.
On the plus side, it's good to hear the westie is heading towards registration. What happened to the person that won it or did it not get that far in the competition? Unless I am being picky about spelling the rest is pretty damn good :)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.