may issue

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
rich.

may issue

#1 Post by rich. » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:51 pm

mine arrived yesterday, like the x1/9 resto..

TerryG

Re: may issue

#2 Post by TerryG » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:23 pm

I do too. I can't say I would have any car painted that colour though!
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:55 am

seems to be rather a lot of mgbs in this issue..

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:14 pm

TerryG wrote:I do too. I can't say I would have any car painted that colour though!
AFAIK, that's from the original chart for the X1/9, it's better in the metal than on a printed page, IMHO. Besides, with that engine he's fitted to the thing trust me when I say that the colour would soon become unimportant. Can you tell that I really like the car? In fact, I'm staring at it right now and it's turning me on. :oops:

But better than that, there's a Leyland P76 in this issue. Yay! More Aussie tin can only be a good thing. 8-)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

arceye

#5 Post by arceye » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:50 am

Enjoying this Months very much, and there is a Riley RM in it, good work PC :)

admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by admin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:04 pm

I was doubtful of the colour too, but in the metal it zinged. Was a complete hoot to drive too - especially as it had almost no brakes on the day of the photoshoot. The handbrake was quite good though... The brake problem was traced to a leaking caliper that evening! Thought it was unfair to mention it in the article though as it had only done a handful of miles since passing the MoT the week before.

Glad you liked it though, the two restoration format works well i think, allowing me to pitch a standard car resto with a bit of a modified one. We'll never please everyone, and the MGB isn't to everyone's tastes, but i hope you all liked the story with the MGB resto - the reader restoration feature isn't really about the type of car, it's all about the restorer and their journey.

Cheers, Neil

rich.

#7 Post by rich. » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:07 pm

im not complaining about the mgbs and i would like to see more of mr glovers triumph b gt/whatsit, there just seemed to be a lot of them... nice to see the celica in the mag too.. just need you to get a 90s mr2 now :D