April Issue

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
TerryG

April Issue

#1 Post by TerryG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 am

Got mine last night :)
Flicking through to look at rust in peace first. There should be a picture of a Datsun N1000 however it would appear the person who did the layout only wants us to see the top of the roof and a crumbling building. I suspect the layout editor forgot to hit the resize button.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

Re: April Issue

#2 Post by rich. » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:44 pm

mine arrived today :D

still havent read it.....

JPB

#3 Post by JPB » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:11 pm

It is a very nice roof though, Terry. And Rich, I haven't read your copy either. I've had a quick swatch through mine though and there's an orange Moskvich in there, what else is needed? 8-)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Oldcarnut

#4 Post by Oldcarnut » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Where is the Izh (ish?) now Sam? Did you sell it or is it thrown at the back of a garage somewhere..... :P .Will we have the advantage of reading more about this, eh... vehicle in the coming months publications? :geek: Need a better pic of the insurance collector... :)

Oldcarnut

#5 Post by Oldcarnut » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Just wondering did Ben actually sell his brown Allegro, or is he talking about the bad one he bought for spares?.I cant believe some of his colleagues did not row in to help him remove the flywheel......shame on you :( ;) :D .

So Neil is training his daughter to the resto game now in very early, except she might be more into vintage tractors instead of classic cars.

I can see her now when she is older, all dressed up in baggy overalls (lets face it these clothes were mainly aimed at men :P ) coming in from the workshop, hands covered in grease, hair tied up in a bun or pony tail, grease on her face and hair and Neil sitting in his rocking chair, waving his walking stick asking, N:"What are you doing out there dear?"D: "never you mind da, just drink your cocoa before you go to bed" ;).Did you take your medicine?"I am just off to get some parts for my tractor".

:oops: :geek: :ugeek: :roll: :lol:

Oldcarnut

#6 Post by Oldcarnut » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Just looking at the technical queries page and seen your advise re retrofitting reversing light.Why would you need to wire in a relay? Surely 42w (21w each, some cars only have one light) would not be too much to have going through a switch?

Topaz

#7 Post by Topaz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:13 pm

TerryG wrote:There should be a picture of a Datsun N1000 however it would appear the person who did the layout only wants us to see the top of the roof and a crumbling building.
The full picture and an apology has been printed in the 'Spring' issue that arrived today.

Mike