Up for Grabs

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
suffolkpete

Up for Grabs

#1 Post by suffolkpete » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 am

In the June issue there was an offer to win one of a number of vintage tyre maintenance kits. You had to email your contact details to the magazine by 13th June, which I duly did. This morning I received a read receipt saying that it had been deleted unread. I realise that the chances of success are very small in this sort of lottery, but they could at least put all the names in the hat. :evil:
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

Luxobarge

Re: Up for Grabs

#2 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:14 pm

suffolkpete wrote:In the June issue there was an offer to win one of a number of vintage tyre maintenance kits.
Zero is a number..... :roll:
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

OneCarefulOwner

#3 Post by OneCarefulOwner » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:43 am

In defense of this, I will point out that so long as the email subject line gave notice as to the content of the message (I don't remember, but it's the norm for this kind of thing) then it's not necessary for the message to have been read in order for it to be considered; being put "into the hat" would simply require filtering all relevant messages, then using RNG to pick one/some & scrolling through the list.
…that's why Allegro will look as good 5 years from now as it does today.
If I was allowed a sigpic, this would be it
Twitter | Blog | DropBox

TerryG

#4 Post by TerryG » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:34 pm

As another note the (RUBBISH Mimecast) email archiving system we have in the office sends out "deleted without being read" receipts whenever a mail is regardless of weather it was read or not as the archived copy is never "read". I could go in to the techincal reason behind it but i would bore you all to death.
Suffice to say that read / delivery receipts are not reliable.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.