No notification

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
TerryG

Re: No notification

#11 Post by TerryG » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:52 pm

'ello,
I have had a look at the problem with notifications a couple of times and can't find anything obviously wrong with it. It is certainly not working but it is going to take more time than I have spare at the moment to find the cause of the problem.
I would assume the fault was introduced when upgrading the forum to the latest version of the software.

When I get a spare few hours I will compare a backup to the current version and see what has changed then possibly reverse the changes to that feature.

Regarding the time of posts that is controlled by the server operator. they "should" have the clock set to GMT but obviously run it on local time. That's the problem with windows servers.
I'm used to them being out by an hour so tend to just ignore it. When we find a new host hopefully this issue will disappear.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Oldcarnut

#12 Post by Oldcarnut » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Cheers Terry!

Oldcarnut

#13 Post by Oldcarnut » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:35 am

Are you you guys working on this by any chance? I have just got a notification from another post I have subscribed to last on May the 17th :shock: :?