July issue

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
Oldcarnut

July issue

#1 Post by Oldcarnut » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Just got it and just reading a bit of it, and I must take issue with Mr Noble :evil: and his resto Citroen that he got from Ireland.First how dare he belittle our NCT (MOT) over here.Its not the fault of the test that most farmers over here dont bother their nelly getting a test done if the vehicle is only used around farms, or for that matter some tractors either unless they have to because they are used a bit more frequently on the road.Thats what they generally do around my area anyhow.I generally see vehicles with dents and wings and trims hanging off of old hacks.

Only kidding :lol:

But seriously,cars over 10 years old have to have a test done once a year, but younger than that its only required every two years and its a rolling requirement.

It is a nice motor though, but it would be too long for me.A saloon would be more manageable.I also like the colour.Looking forward to reading about Neil's Montego.We used to have one of those back in the eighties.A bloody nightmare for breakdowns and hard to get parts, or if we could, they were expensive but it was a comfortable car and apart from the negatives, not a bad car that could have had potential ;) .Neil really likes his motors to be beige :)

JPB

Re: July issue

#2 Post by JPB » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:17 pm

I liked the MGF with the Skoda body wrapped around it. :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:25 pm

mine arrived 5 minutes ago :D :D

arceye

#4 Post by arceye » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:20 pm

I was just looking on ebay the other day for skoda estelles, thinking I'd like to relive my poverty stricken early days of wedded bliss (not much changed, just perhaps a little less bliss :o ) but couldn't even find one.....we had a white D reg Estelle which was by far the newest car I'd owned at that stage (1993/94) and even in better times I had a brief affair with a brand new Felicia (one of only two new cars I ever bought) which we took from Lancs right through the midi Pyrenees and into Spain without a hitch apart from a little loss of power on the mountain roads.

So it is nice to see the much rarer skoda in this months feature, heres to more poverty spec vehicles ( and more shed built innovation) and less MGB's ;)

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:58 pm

its got a micra turbo in the mag... this months issue just got better :D :D can we have more details please?

Minxy

#6 Post by Minxy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:36 pm

Must say a very good edition - something for everyone, one thing though, well two actually - the golf oil pressure issue in 'problems solved' before anything else I would have put a gauge on to see exactly what was going on before I did anything else.
The article on the Rover convertible, the 'I brt there are girders involved' made me smile and also got me thinking,particularly in light of the answer with reference to the aluminium in the pillars, that the subject of strengthening and the various methods utilised by different manufacturers would make an interesting article.
Never play chess with a pigeon. It will knock all the pieces over, S*#t on the board and then strut around pretending it won.

rich.

#7 Post by rich. » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:07 pm

longstone tyres ad is a tad dissapointing..
i see mr glover has bought a mazda rx7.. well done, when can we see it??