Thanks for interviewing my dad

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
fenlandgirl

Thanks for interviewing my dad

#1 Post by fenlandgirl » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:12 am

Thank you Neil for interviewing my dad about his Austin 10 in this month's Practical Classics issue. I am glad he has some recognition of his efforts. I am very proud of him. Kate Pine

Luxobarge

Re: Thanks for interviewing my dad

#2 Post by Luxobarge » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:59 am

Moved to "feedback arena" - as it's directly to do with the magazine.

Glad your Dad is happy - love those Austins! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#3 Post by Mrotwoman » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:33 pm

What a great post,made me smile :D

Look forward to the article.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:26 pm

The bloke's a genius! I love the way in which he's circumvented the potential pitfalls of using the engine from a car where it was fitted transversely, I also like the novel use of vacuum cleaner hardware in the heating & ventilation system. 8-)

Best bit must be the fact that the little Daihatsu engine will run happily on a mixture of 80% veggie oil and 20% turps substitute, so making the car not only unique and interesting, but also extremely cheap to run if you buy your fuel at Costco for 49p per litre!

Love it. :D

(Dear Editor, please can the magazine honour Terry Pine with the Fred Dibnah award for top-class improvisation)? :)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:21 pm

a great read! love the bit about the little nissans too. well done to all.

mach1rob

#6 Post by mach1rob » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:03 pm

JPB wrote:
(Dear Editor, please can the magazine honour Terry Pine with the Fred Dibnah award for top-class improvisation)? :)
Seconded. Motion carried! :D

JPB

#7 Post by JPB » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:26 pm

Maybe I should also print off something resembling the following rough draft and post it to Quest TV HQ?
Dear Quest TV,
Please find enclosed a web link pointing at a heart-warming tale of one man's refusal to follow motoring or engineering convention. The attached petition asks whether you would be prepared to give the creator of this amazing car his own show on your TV channel? I mean, end-to-end "Beetle Crisis" is good, very good in fact, as is the rest of your vehicle engineering-related output but since the demise of the wonderfully eccentric "Salvage Squad" and Lord Dibnah's (I know, but he should have been) untimely passing, TV has lacked anything close to the warmth and laid back charm of those classic pieces of the TV production company's art so how about it?
Go on, you know it makes more sense than the next most sensible idea in the whole world.
Ah go on, please.

Yours,

John Podgieboy-Biscuitbarrel. F.I.R.T.E.
:D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

s-type

#8 Post by s-type » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 pm

I wanted to know how he managed to keep the car road legal?

As it has a different engine, gearbox, axle, surly it must now require IVA ? In the words of IVA this is radically altered.

How did he get that, i think that would be an interesting article? :ugeek:
1967 S-type Jaguar -Running like a dream.
1971 DS420 Hearse. -Now actually running and has just run a 16.7 Quarter Mile @ Santa Pod. - bloody hell!

Oh and your 1995 Volvo is not a classic. Still think it is? Take it to a classic car show.....

JPB

#9 Post by JPB » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:05 pm

:o Sssshhh! :lol: The bloke has beaten the system, for that he should be carried shoulder high around the arena at this year's Enfield pageant, by a bevy of semi-naked Anna Friel* lookie-likeys and with the Dambusters theme playing over the PA.

(Or maybe he did the work before all of this over zealous IVA cobblers came along?)

*-Or Martina Laird lookie-likeys, whatever, it's all good.
J

suffolkpete

#10 Post by suffolkpete » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 am

Surely IVA is only required if you radically alter the monocoque or chassis. He claims that all his modifications are reversible.
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6