March Issue

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
MG Mal

March Issue

#1 Post by MG Mal » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Got mine this morning, and it was good to see a piece on the Maestro competeing in the London To Cape Town Rally.

Although I thought it was a tad short, I hope that seeing as the mags name is on the side, they might cover it a little better next month,
and of course, make less of a claim on the car, as realy you only put your name on it, which is free advertising, not exactly serious involvement in the prep,build or running of the car is it?.

Tony Fowkes team did an excellent job of preparing the car for the event, and the girls have a great rally pedigree between them.

I was minimally invloved (my opinion) by sourcing and supply new genuine parts for the car, and some of the essential spares kit needed for the long trip.

But it's nothing compared to the long days by Tony's team and the extremely long days put in by the girls on the rally itself, which is as punishing on the crews as it is on the cars.

If anyone wants to check up on the car and it's progress check out:

http://www.londoncapetownrally.com/index.html

http://www.girlsacrossafrica.com/

JPB

Re: March Issue

#2 Post by JPB » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:47 pm

Yay! Reliant Rebel content. :mrgreen: (or is that April's edition)?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Luxobarge

#3 Post by Luxobarge » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 am

Moved to "Feedback arena"..... ;)
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

rich.

#4 Post by rich. » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:41 pm

is it march already?

MG Mal

#5 Post by MG Mal » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:15 pm

According to my new PC it is.

TerryG

#6 Post by TerryG » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:57 pm

It's still February in Tesco.
Stop teasing with what's in it! ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

MG Mal

#7 Post by MG Mal » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Teasing? Moi? :twisted:

Only if you want me to...........

Aar0sc

#8 Post by Aar0sc » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Is there a letter by young Fraser? He's been tipped off that it does. But he does't know who tipped him off!
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12

MG Mal

#9 Post by MG Mal » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:20 pm

There is a letter about a young man who bought a Rover 2000 shortly before his 19th Birthday. :)

m.thaddeus

#10 Post by m.thaddeus » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Hello Chaps

I think that the march edition has a something for everyone. There is a little pic of a Fiat Samantha, which got me thinking. I was looking for a workshop some years back and met a chap who had one of these pretty little cars stashed away in an out-building. I drive by his place most days and wonder if it is still there. Wonder what it is worth.

On another note. There is a picture of a body-roller with a Stag shell mounted on it. Having restored many of these cars I cannot honestly say that it is a good idea. That back end has no chassis beyond the axle and the things always rot around the boot floor line. Hanging the thing sideways will put huge stress across the RQPs and anyone who has every jacked a Stag will tell you the doors dont shut properly if you lift them unevenly.