january issue

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
Oldcarnut

Re: january issue

#11 Post by Oldcarnut » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Dam you JPB :) ,you had to set me off, ;) Your car pic looks delicious :P

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59682227@N ... 613480693/.

Oldcarnut

#12 Post by Oldcarnut » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:03 pm

karlsgazelle wrote:Don't they still build the Hunter in Iran? I believe they are used as taxis in Tehran. Called the Paykan Hunter.
Not any more, they have even given up on them :(

JPB

#13 Post by JPB » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Oldcarnut wrote:Dam you JPB :) ,you had to set me off, ;) Your car pic looks delicious :P

If mine had been is that good a condition, :lol: I'd probably know where it was now, it had returned to nature a little more than the one you posted, as quoted above.
That does look suspiciously like the folks' garden though, but my Hunter was a Hillman=badged one and didn't have a red RoI plate on the back of it like the Chrysler version in the photo.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Oldcarnut

#14 Post by Oldcarnut » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:44 pm

I suppose the lads in the mag have restored worse :) .A bit of t-cut and a few panels might have her sorted i suppose :P .I believe the Chrysler versions were made over here for the last 3 years of production.Below is how it is today I believe.Its a police station now.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=Shanowen+R ... 9,,0,-5.07

karlsgazelle

#15 Post by karlsgazelle » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Another old thread resurrection after I discovered an excellent video clip with some familiar faces performing:

Oldtimer-TV.de

The German journalist colleagues seem to think it was a pretty conclusive German win :lol:

There are some interesting videos on that site (it helps if you speak the language).

Cheers
Karl