december issue

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
rich.

Re: december issue

#11 Post by rich. » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Grease Monkey wrote:
Oldcarnut wrote:The issue with John Simpson's Alpine and the engine having been ruined, would the facility that performed the testing not be liable for the costs of the repairs? Or did you sign a form to exempt them from this?
I had to sign a disclaimer saying I would not hold them responsible for damage to engine :( Lesson now learnt and I shall only take to someone who is sympathetic to older cars, i.e. don't get in it and take it up to 7000rpm!! muppets :x

John Simpson
i would "advertise" their services so we all dont get caught like you john.... :twisted: :twisted:

Oldcarnut

Re: december issue

#12 Post by Oldcarnut » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Grease Monkey wrote:
Oldcarnut wrote:The issue with John Simpson's Alpine and the engine having been ruined, would the facility that performed the testing not be liable for the costs of the repairs? Or did you sign a form to exempt them from this?
I had to sign a disclaimer saying I would not hold them responsible for damage to engine :( Lesson now learnt and I shall only take to someone who is sympathetic to older cars, i.e. don't get in it and take it up to 7000rpm!! muppets :x

John Simpson

A bit of a bummer right enough, oh well, live and learn as they say :(