Practical Classics Magazine

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
Broadflash

Practical Classics Magazine

#1 Post by Broadflash » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:41 am

Hi All;
I sent off some photos of a Lotus Eclat for the magazines Rust in Peace via email,( Yes i know not quite Rust as its a not metal body),. I have never received a reply, i was wondering if this is the norm, does the photos make the magazine without prior notice.
I haven't subscribed to the mag as yet so don't receive a regular copy..
Last edited by Broadflash on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luxobarge

Re: Practical Classics Forum

#2 Post by Luxobarge » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:52 am

Moved to the "feedback" area, as this is an issue for PC magazine, not the forum.

By the way, in my experience, yes, this is the norm. I've sent in a number of photos myself and never had a reply, also a while back I sent in valuable hard-copy photos too, and never had them either acknowledged, published or returned.

I don't bother now.

Cheers!
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Broadflash

Re: Practical Classics Forum

#3 Post by Broadflash » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Thanks for the reply, was not 100% sure where to place the subject. I have recently become interested in of old cars of my youth so it was interesting to find this forum.....
The Lotus shots in a bed of nettles and weeds I thought were quite good shots of interest. An acknowledgement would have been nice, i might well have been encouraged to subscribe........
Perhaps i can find a place on here to place them to be viewed.

TerryG

Re: Practical Classics Magazine

#4 Post by TerryG » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:16 pm

If you want to post your pics on here if you look here: http://www.practicallyclassics.co.uk/vi ... ?f=3&t=282 you'll see lots of people have been posting pics of cars they have seen about both on and off the road. More pictures are always welcome!
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

dannyhopkins

#5 Post by dannyhopkins » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Hello there,

We try to reply to as many submissions as we can, but sadly we miss them too. It's mainly because we get so many. Sorry if it appears a bit haphazard - that's because it is. If you submit in press week for instance there's no way we can get back to you... we hardly have time to eat.

Will try to be more comprehensive in our responses in future.

Danny
1970 ROVER P6B 3500
1971 JENSEN INTERCEPTOR II\
1971 MORRIS MINOR TRAVELLER
1994 JAGUAR XJ6 3.2S

jpsh120

#6 Post by jpsh120 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Glad it isn't just me that has had this experience, I used to go to great lengths searching for old cars amongst the undergrowth whilst abroad but none of my e-mails to the magazine have resulted in photo's being published.

I have also e-mailed them to ask questions about certain items in recent editions and again received no reply.

I think this is just fairly typical of the kind of 'service' we get in this country!

I will post all my pictures on the forum instead, at least some people will get to see them then!
1971 Sunbeam Rapier H120

Luxobarge

#7 Post by Luxobarge » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:56 pm

jpsh120 wrote:I will post all my pictures on the forum instead, at least some people will get to see them then!
Oddly enough, a few years ago I took a great picture of an old rusting wreck in a field in Cornwall, and knowing how these things go I didn't even bother sending it to the magazine, I just posted it on the PC magazine's forum - when they had one!

And whaddya' know? They took the photo off the forum and printed it in RIP! Without even asking me either. And no, I didn't get my £10..... :roll:
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

dannyhopkins

#8 Post by dannyhopkins » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:39 pm

If you tell me which issue it was in I will make sure you get ten pounds sent out right away. We make sure when we have people sending in pics we treat them right and stick to our pledges in the magazine.
1970 ROVER P6B 3500
1971 JENSEN INTERCEPTOR II\
1971 MORRIS MINOR TRAVELLER
1994 JAGUAR XJ6 3.2S

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#9 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Luxobarge wrote:
jpsh120 wrote:I will post all my pictures on the forum instead, at least some people will get to see them then!
Oddly enough, a few years ago I took a great picture of an old rusting wreck in a field in Cornwall, and knowing how these things go I didn't even bother sending it to the magazine, I just posted it on the PC magazine's forum - when they had one!

And whaddya' know? They took the photo off the forum and printed it in RIP! Without even asking me either. And no, I didn't get my £10..... :roll:
I remember that mate,it was the Morris 8 wasn't it?

I've had a picture from the old,old,old forum used in the mag before,I didn't mind in the slightest (was quite chuffed really!) ,I do think that the magazine are missing out on a good chunk of potential material by ignoring the forum,remember when they used to print little snippets of it in the mag ?
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by admin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Ahem, My forum now. I pay for it. NOT part of Bauer Media or owned by them or anything to do with them if the company lawyers are reading this, etc. Disclaimer, disclaimer...

Neil
;)