August Issue - Thoughts please?

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

Re: August Issue - Thoughts please?

#11 Post by Mrotwoman » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:59 pm

The best issue in the world ever,infact the best magazine that has ever been produced (except maybe that March 1984 edition of Playboy with Linda Lusardi) ,the reason why ? My Cadillac is on page 49 ! :mrgreen:

I will no longer be objecting to Practical Classics magazines takeover bid for BSkyB,even after Sam Glover hacked my voicemail messages.
All he found were farmyard noises anyway.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

#12 Post by mr rusty » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Just got around to buying it...lazy :lol: I see in the help section there's a chap after advice on a Metro metric wheel swap, you recommend the 12" turbo pepperpots but you've forgotten about the prettier 13" cross-spoke alloys from the MG! These They also appeared on some of the special edition Metros and are fairly easy to find.

They only have a 15mm difference in diameter to the metrics and every tyre place in the civilised world stocks a huge range of 13" rubber. I bought a set of 5 for £40 to stick on miss Rusty's Metro when the metrics wear out.
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.

rich.

#13 Post by rich. » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:59 pm

my august edition arrived today :D
which page is ms lusardi on?:D

JPB

#14 Post by JPB » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:41 pm

So, did your July edition arrive yet then, Rich?

Yet another good edition IMHO, though there's a bit on page 49 about some lunatic who sold the best beige Maestro in the World and bought a white car that possibly has several strains of venereal disease living in the upholstery of its back seat. :mrgreen:

Wedding hire. Seriously; there's money in that. All you need is a white, American car a peaked cap, a tie and a selection of cd cases, mirrors or whatever so that the happy couple can chop their "wedding breakfast" in the back on their way to the reception.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Aar0sc

#15 Post by Aar0sc » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:30 pm

So how does one get one's car in Reader's cars?
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#16 Post by Mrotwoman » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Aar0sc wrote:So how does one get one's car in Reader's cars?
One has to be invited ;)
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

karlsgazelle

#17 Post by karlsgazelle » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:18 pm

I got an invite 6 months ago, but obviously my Singer's interior isn't flamboyant enough to appear in the PC pages. ;)

I must admit it does look a little battered around the edges, but it's not a pampered show car, surely that is the point of a practical classic?

Does it sound like I'm a little pissed off? Nah..

Aar0sc

#18 Post by Aar0sc » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:
Aar0sc wrote:So how does one get one's car in Reader's cars?
One has to be invited ;)
Can one be referred by another person who's Caddy has already graced the PC pages?
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12

bent8rover

#19 Post by bent8rover » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:49 pm

Honestly?

Missed a few, bought this one.

Can't stand the boosted contrast in the photos these days. It was bad a few months ago but now it's saturated with faux HDR. Really, really spoils it. :x

rich.

#20 Post by rich. » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:32 am

JPB wrote:So, did your July edition arrive yet then, Rich?.
not yet, when i renewed the subscription i was told the old one included the july issue. as it was late i phoned to find out where it was & was informed that it had run out :?... it should arrive soon.