August Issue - Thoughts please?

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
admin
Site Admin

August Issue - Thoughts please?

#1 Post by admin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Well it's that time again - the August issue is out now - well, the subscriber copies have gone out anyhow. We'd like to point out right now that the Lotus Carlton doesn't have 3777bhp... Oops!

JPB

Re: August Issue - Thoughts please?

#2 Post by JPB » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:25 pm

:lol: The only Vauxhall that came close to that would have been the Diesel Astramax, well known in its day as the fastest thing on any UK motorway. Those must have had upwards of a thousand BHP surely. :D

When is the August edition due on the shelves, Neil? I didn't renew my subscription as my copy usually arrived well after the mag had started appearing in WH Smith and similar places.
Rich will probably pop up soon to tell us just how long it takes for the Bauer carrier pigeons to reach France.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

suffolkpete

#3 Post by suffolkpete » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:58 pm

In your piece on windscreen seals, you recommended the use of safety glasses, but you weren't wearing any in the pictures :roll:
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

karlsgazelle

#4 Post by karlsgazelle » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:11 pm

JPB wrote::lol: The only Vauxhall that came close to that would have been the Diesel Astramax, well known in its day as the fastest thing on any UK motorway. Those must have had upwards of a thousand BHP surely. :D

When is the August edition due on the shelves, Neil? I didn't renew my subscription as my copy usually arrived well after the mag had started appearing in WH Smith and similar places.
Rich will probably pop up soon to tell us just how long it takes for the Bauer carrier pigeons to reach France.
I got my copy on Saturday, haven't read it yet though. not trying to be smug, just stating a fact

Re subscriptions, I couldn't resist the 2 years for one offer so I called the subs line (big mistake), the young lady didn't really know what I was talking about, so I had to explain, she went away to find a magazine and then said: ok we can do it for £6.50 a quarter by direct debit (her maths doesn't seem too good either). We settled on £6.25/quarter which is 50 quid over 2 years or just under £2 a copy...bargain!
And it drops through my letterbox a week before it's on the news agents, shelves, not that I can afford many of the cars in the classifieds at the moment, still, if there are any bargains I'll be able to pounce on them...

JPB

#5 Post by JPB » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:23 pm

:shock: Blimey, for £2 per copy, I'd live with lateness. :D (Tightwad as some people think I am, I'm not yet reduced to going into Smith's and taking photos of the bits I most want to read...).
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Aar0sc

#6 Post by Aar0sc » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:24 pm

The new one's out already?!?!?!

I haven't even entered the competition in the current one! :'(
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12

rich.

#7 Post by rich. » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:40 am

JPB wrote::lol:Rich will probably pop up soon to tell us just how long it takes for the Bauer carrier pigeons to reach France.

rich is still waiting for the july issue...mr pidgeon must be well and truly lost :cry:

southpole

#8 Post by southpole » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Is there anything in it on the austin seven project?

heres hoping!

Sam Glover

#9 Post by Sam Glover » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Is there anything in it on the austin seven project?
Not much, but there's plenty on another Austin project. More grubby Ruby action coming up soon. Progress has been good behind the scenes (except for the paint thing...).
In your piece on windscreen seals, you recommended the use of safety glasses, but you weren't wearing any in the pictures.
We do our best to advise you how to do stuff without losing any eye. You may choose not to follow our advice - and so may we. But it's still sound advice. A picture of Neil with a shard of glass sticking from the bridge of his nose would have illustrated this perfectly.

Sam

rich.

#10 Post by rich. » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:48 pm

found out why my july copy hadnt arrived, the new subscription missed out that month.. very helpfull chap sorted it out for me :D