August Issue - Thoughts please?

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
Oldcarnut

Re: August Issue - Thoughts please?

#21 Post by Oldcarnut » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Reading the convertible article, I see that the cavalier is 1.8 and its giving about 37mpg and the triumph is a 1.3 and its 28 :o There does not appear to be any logic there :shock: .I would have thought that the minx would have been a bit more than 23. Probably goes to show how inefficient carbs were I suppose.

JPB

#22 Post by JPB » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:36 pm

A Cavalier 1.8 will manage that and more all day long simply because it has a vastly more efficient engine and higher gearing than the Triumph, those figures are most likely about right if the comparison relates to the same overall pattern of use.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#23 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Out of that lot of fine drop-tops I'll have the condition 1 Corsair at £2500 in preference to the condition 1 Corsair at £5750.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

rich.

#24 Post by rich. » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:00 am

im still looking for ms lusardi..

hillminx

#25 Post by hillminx » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:28 pm

my minx in readers rides!!!!

cheers guys.

Oldcarnut

#26 Post by Oldcarnut » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Al right! Al right! I admit it, Gervs MG looks kinda cool, although couldnt have that 2.5litre engine though ;) . Should I go to the doctor? :) A bit surprised that she is giving out just under 30 to the gallon :shock: . If I had her over here, I would be screwed on the motor tax and possibly the insurance aswell.Yourself and Danny have led poor Lisa up the garden path though ;) .

P.S I have just realized, why is a modern car in the mag?

rich.

#27 Post by rich. » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:16 pm

readable, just not one of your best..mg modern, didnt they also make a v8?

DoloMIGHTY

#28 Post by DoloMIGHTY » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:31 am

Had a thumb through it at WH Smiths. Sorry didn't do anything for me so I didn't buy.
Alan the First Forum Glitch!

Oldcarnut

#29 Post by Oldcarnut » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:20 pm

So you think that John Simister is attracted to Yugo 45s strange, I am attracted to Lada Rivas for some strange reason :oops: :P .Bet if someone saw one they would beat the c.... out of it for fun :)

ImageImage

admin
Site Admin

#30 Post by admin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:21 am

karlsgazelle wrote:I got an invite 6 months ago, but obviously my Singer's interior isn't flamboyant enough to appear in the PC pages. ;)

I must admit it does look a little battered around the edges, but it's not a pampered show car, surely that is the point of a practical classic?

Does it sound like I'm a little pissed off? Nah..

Hold on, did i not use it? I had a computer meltdown here and lost four months of emails - it may have been in there. Not an excuse, it's caused me no end of problems. For the record, readers cars should come to me at neil.campbell@practicalclassics.co.uk

I'm always after entries so for gawd's sake keep sending them in - and please remember to include the model designation, year, your address and some actual info on the car (but not a 4000 word essay please - we only have about 70 - 100 words for each entry - but let me deal with that - more info is better than not enough... usually.

Also the picture is crucial. We want the world to see your classic looking at its best, so please - no pictures of cars on driveways with bins in the background - a pretty backdrop is best and remember to shoot the whole car - i'm still getting pics sent in that have the front or rear cut off. If you've got a pic with you and the car sling it in too - i like getting people on these pages. Nice high res pics too please - no point sending in 45k pics as we can't print them- at least 1mb please.

If you want any more info, drop me an email and i'll let you know what i need - always looking for star cars, me and my classics and cars reunited too...

Cheers, Neil