July issue - your thoughts please?

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
Mikey77

Re: July issue - your thoughts please?

#11 Post by Mikey77 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Just a quiet word for Gervais Seymour...
No matter what 'Danny says' the so-called MG ZS180 is NOT a classic and it most certainly doesn't have a Honda V6.
102,500 miles might be 'not even run in' for a Honda V6 - in fact I can testify that's true - but for a Rover KV6...well, I'd out it now if I were you.
I see Ross Alkureishi has turned up in PC. Do you follow Troy Queef on Sniffpetrol?

Ross Alkureishi

#12 Post by Ross Alkureishi » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 pm

The 8 year old Rover would have made a nice page in Car Mechanic but wtf has is got to do with classic cars....

And Ross Alkureishi, what's he all about? Shouldn't he be writing for the Telegraph or Horse and Hound?
He's obviously ex Eton/Harrow/Charterhouse, what's he doing mingling with the oily plebeians.

[/grumpyoldbarstewardmode]
karlsgazelle, you've obviously never heard me speak; I'm from good working class Scots' roots, my friend, and couldn't be further from the aforementioned brigade if I tried. Happy to be at one with oily plebians.

Yours, a fellow grumpyoldbarsteward - albeit not in the same league as dear Gerv.

Ross

Ross Alkureishi

#13 Post by Ross Alkureishi » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Mikey 77,

Aye, perish the thought that anyone should actually enjoy this hobby. There's more than enough room for genuine enthusiasm, and enjoyment of these old beasts, to complement the technical etc.

In modern-day Britain there's enough Thought-Police tosh, without it encroaching into what we do in our down-time. Not everyone has to conform to the same view; differences of opinion don't devalue the classic car movement, instead, they enhance it. The beauty, especially of PC, is that anyone's welcome - you just have to look at the huge variety of metal that turned up for the recent PC trackday.

Anyway, I'm big enough and ugly enough to take constructive feedback on the chin and I could use a chap of your strong opinions in a feature concept that I'm looking to get off the ground - plenty room for opinions, argument and verbal/written combat. E-mail me at rossalkureishi@yahoo.com or pm me on the forum.

The alternative is to meet at next year's Bromley Pageant of Motoring, oil up and Greco-Roman wrestle it out; I must warn you though, I do bite.

Or is that a bit too Queef for you?

a'the best,

Ross.

Mikey77

#14 Post by Mikey77 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 am

Can't make the Bromley date I'm afraid - I don't do shows, mainly because I can't be bothered to sit by the car all day knitting...
And, to make it complicated, I don't live in the UK.
As you have divined, I am a man of strong opinions, which might have something to do with (whispers) I was a motoring journo once. So I might be in touch. :)

rich.

#15 Post by rich. » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:28 pm

karlsgazelle wrote:The 8 year old Rover would have made a nice page in Car Mechanic but wtf has is got to do with classic cars....

And Ross Alkureishi, what's he all about? Shouldn't he be writing for the Telegraph or Horse and Hound? ;)
He's obviously ex Eton/Harrow/Charterhouse, what's he doing mingling with the oily plebeians.

[/grumpyoldbarstewardmode]

one small point, all "classic" cars were 8 yr old bangers once & before that the were brand new... if we dont accept & encourage people to the movement it will be very very dull & soon restricted to bl##dy e types. i feel a nissan micra moment coming on....

old git rant over :lol:

still waiting for my copy..

rich.

#16 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:41 am

still waiting.........

rich.

#17 Post by rich. » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:22 pm

still waiting..... think ill give them a ring tomorrow

rich.

#18 Post by rich. » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 pm

it arrived today! seems quite readable :D :D :D
had a read, love dannys new datsun.. i once owned an arna, what a pile of sh##e..

srspom

#19 Post by srspom » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:43 pm

Can anyone help?

The feature on Impreza v Jensen v Quattro....what Impreza model was it? The turbo I presume? But what year/shape? Was it the classic 1993-2000 shape model...?

Cheers