June 2011 Practical Classics? Any thoughts?

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
Rhythm Thief

Re: June 2011 Practical Classics? Any thoughts?

#21 Post by Rhythm Thief » Mon May 23, 2011 3:31 pm

I didn't realise there were two sides to it ... :oops:

JPB

#22 Post by JPB » Mon May 23, 2011 3:39 pm

:lol: I'm going to have to bite the bullet and remove the poster at this rate.

This isn't in spite of, so much as because of those tantalising descriptions of its content. :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TerryG

#23 Post by TerryG » Mon May 23, 2011 3:40 pm

You'll have to buy 2 copies, one to read and one for "best" ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Aar0sc

#24 Post by Aar0sc » Mon May 23, 2011 3:58 pm

JPB wrote::lol: I'm going to have to bite the bullet and remove the poster at this rate.

This isn't in spite of, so much as because of those tantalising descriptions of its content. :oops:
I think; although I'm not totally sure; that you can 'reveal' the poster without having to actually rip it out.

Note to Practical Classics: Can we have some more posters like that please?

(Note specifically smutty ones; just ones in general. LRO does ;) )

(Also; what's up with Hopkins' "Look how great the other mags Bauer publish are; I don't normally read them but they're awesome anyway"? I bet he didn't write it! )
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12

OneCarefulOwner

#25 Post by OneCarefulOwner » Tue May 24, 2011 7:34 am

Ooh, posters, stickers, doohickeys - I'd love to get something extra in the post sometimes, especially as a long-term subscriber; the new subscribers all get great offers (like the current: "buy one year get another year free") but we who have our direct debits set up get nothing. :(
…that's why Allegro will look as good 5 years from now as it does today.
If I was allowed a sigpic, this would be it
Twitter | Blog | DropBox

rich.

#26 Post by rich. » Tue May 24, 2011 4:06 pm

mine arrived yesterday, love the poster... made a dirty old man very happy.. just off for a lie down :D

havent managed to read anything else :oops:

mahone

#27 Post by mahone » Tue May 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Another vote of thanks to Longstone.... I've always wanted a better look at the tread pattern on that tyre.

Rest of the mag is probably good too... but I've only had it a week and haven't looked at anything but the poster yet....

rich.

#28 Post by rich. » Wed May 25, 2011 6:11 am

does the buy one yrs subscription get one free apply to overseas subscribers too?

Minxy

#29 Post by Minxy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:46 am

Am I to late to contribute? Only just got my copy.
Quattros again- so Phil Payne (page 72) Hmm nice bloke and very knowledgeable but who do you think used to fix his Quattro back in the nineties when he couldn’t and who does he (frequently) ring for advice and guidance...

On a different note HYL 4 W on page 14 I used to look after that when it was an Audi press car – as we did most of the Audi press and promotion fleet, specials and one off’s. Spookily it came to me again in the late nineties. Too long ago to remember much detail but at the time I seem to recall it was being re-commissioned-not even sure I met the owner. As I recall I gave it a thorough check over and at the time it had an engine issue-big end, and some body rot along with a host of other mechanical problems. At the time due to budget the mechanical issues were sorted i.e various bushes, brakes, power steering pump etc etc all to the tune of a couple thousand pound. I seem to recall the owner was going to get the rest done as and when, the tallying dates would suggest this was never done?

Also while the car in question clearly has some historical importance there are/were quattros older than this one
Never play chess with a pigeon. It will knock all the pieces over, S*#t on the board and then strut around pretending it won.

Aar0sc

#30 Post by Aar0sc » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:53 pm

I have placed the poster with other "classic" posters in my room - here are the least offensive ones:
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12