The Cover

Have your say here, by contacting the Practical Classics editorial team directly through this forum. They'd love to know what you think of the magazine good or bad, so let them know here.
Seth

The Cover

#1 Post by Seth » Sun May 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Hmm, maybe I'm getting old or something but I really don't like the cover of the latest issue which popped through the letterbox yesterday (June '11). It just feels like a bit of a mess with various sized blocks of writing all over the place with randomly arranged photos. Page numbers for features inside? I thought there was a contents page for that :? I used to be able to memorise the magazines according to what was pictured on the cover but not anymore.

I've just picked out some random copies from '04 and '08 and they all have a clear main photo below the masthead with easy to see boxes advertising other features. I find that much more pleasant on the eye. I guess the market is a bit different but I picked up a couple of issues of "The Automobile" recently (because they were featuring the 200hp Darracq) and the covers were a breath of fresh air. Modern in style I'd say, especially for a "vintage" publication, but clean and simple.

OneCarefulOwner

Re: The Cover

#2 Post by OneCarefulOwner » Sun May 15, 2011 2:37 pm

I've got to agree that the covers recently just don't "feel" like PC covers. They look like the weeklies; I much prefer the old style big-pic-from-a-main-feature style of cover... But that's just me :)
…that's why Allegro will look as good 5 years from now as it does today.
If I was allowed a sigpic, this would be it
Twitter | Blog | DropBox