Tractor please...

Need to sell your classic? Post details here, and remember to include photographs or a link to a photograph, your location, asking price and contact details. Please note: Commercial links may be removed, and posts over 60 days old will be auto-pruned to keep the content fresh. Please - don't post to "bump" your (or anyone else's) thread - gratuitous bumps and unrelated posts will be deleted.
Dick

Re: Tractor please...

#191 Post by Dick » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:03 pm

If anyone is still alive after the china crisis/zombie apocalypse
https://www.facebook.com/50731906609215 ... x2fl3nNIid

JPB

#192 Post by JPB » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:56 pm

Ooh. That's an actual wide-bodied one of those and not one of the narrower import versions. Nice, and I'm alive, not sure whether you got all of my replies to the messages with the tractor videos that you made, in case you didn't, the gist of it was that it is currently, for some reason or other, pretty hard to find anyone who's prepared to go over and bring the tractor back. That was then.. Now all borders are closed apparently hauling an old, shiny tractor across from that France doesn't qualify as a good reason to be allowed to travel.
The first workable solution since the idea of tractor ownership entered my head, and then this crap happens. :(
Ordinarily, I would respond by stating that some things just aren't meant to be but perhaps this thing is simply meant to be postponed. After all, in a post apocalyptic UK, tractors are sure to be needed so owning one remains a good thing and besides, most of the folk who stay around here have a tractor standing around somewhere.. Just in case!

So all I have to do is get my immune system back to working order, this by ceasing to take the prescribed meds 'til the naughty disease moves on to the next leg of its world tour. How long will this last eh? I would go through to town to gamble on this very question, but the bookies are shut! ;)
:scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#193 Post by Dick » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:43 pm

No worries mate.. i thought the quarantine thing would soon f##k everything up. Im managed to do some work but my next job is for a retired couple and as my kids have the flu or something similar plus the fact i still have a flu/cold/Ebola something im trying to avoid contact with the clients.. for now ill try and continue to find new and interesting contraptions to inspire you all :thumbs: :thumbs:

Dick

#194 Post by Dick » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Ok its not a tractor...but who doesn't want one of these..
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 477407357/

JPB

#195 Post by JPB » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:41 am

Well it is sort of a tractor. :mrgreen:
Possibly because much of my time is spent watching A-Team repeats on the Paramount channel, my first thought on seeing the combine was "what could BA Baracus do with that?" :twisted:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#196 Post by Dick » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:28 am

In my youth i always wanted to go to America and save all the cars from the evil a team..
At the moment while im not working ive painted and polished my truck and now painting windows on the cottage... when I get 5 minutes i try and watch star trek voyager... 7 of 9 :drool: :drool: :oops:

Dick

#197 Post by Dick » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:39 am

JPB

#198 Post by JPB » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:01 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool:
Oof! That tractor is rather lovely, IMHO. Some French stuff might be a little ordinary, yet when they get it right, they make a job of it, mostly thanks to Panhard, Citroen, Citroen, Citroen and a few Renaults that were pretty good too.
Fast forwarding to now, Toyota Yaris comes from (and rhymes with, now that cannot be a coincidence, eh?) Paris, Vauxhall / Opel Corsas are thinly disguised Peugeots and It's no longer possible to buy one of those eccentric micro cars for sensible money as apparently, oddities that some of us have been lusting after for years are now desirable.. Especially when they look like Postman Pat's van and have so little power that most owners get out and help them up hills.

Strange times indeed. :(
J

Dick

#199 Post by Dick » Sat May 09, 2020 12:00 pm

JPB

#200 Post by JPB » Sat May 09, 2020 1:44 pm

Ooh! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: That is one of the least ugly tractors ever! That wee beauty could be shewn among high end classics such as Bedford CAs, Toyota Land Cruisers of the BJ40 generation, Austin Maxis and Hillman Avenger 1500 estates, and even among such exotic fare, the tractor would still be the one getting all of the love from the crowd.

Thanks for posting, it's a lovely thing. :D
J