Tractor please...

Need to sell your classic? Post details here, and remember to include photographs or a link to a photograph, your location, asking price and contact details. Please note: Commercial links may be removed, and posts over 60 days old will be auto-pruned to keep the content fresh. Please - don't post to "bump" your (or anyone else's) thread - gratuitous bumps and unrelated posts will be deleted.
JPB

Re: Tractor please...

#161 Post by JPB » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:19 am

A show wouldn't be a show without a beer tent. Many of the local tractor folk drive from the show totally spodgered after getting thirsty and finding that the beer tent has a solution. I'm naturally not condoning such irresponsible behaviour, but it is reckoned that the local polises have never breathalysed a tractor driver since the breath test was first introduced in 1967! I can't see that being true, but it's possible, especially as some of the fine upstanding members of our law enforcement community spend lots of time going round the pubs "checking for underage drinkers".
Aye right!
:lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#162 Post by Dick » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:01 pm

While I have never been breathalysed while in charge of a tractor i have been stopped by the police a few times.. once mr plod said ill have to investigate this at the station and get back to you if you have broken the law.. im still waiting to hear from the chap.... although i knew one young lad who drove his tractor flat out through the center of Monmouth and was arrested for speeding.. he got off as the machine couldn't do more than 20mph.. he should have been arrested for dangerous driving or just being a moron :evil:

Dick

#163 Post by Dick » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:20 pm

JPB

#164 Post by JPB » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:45 pm

:shock: Eeeeww! I'm going to assume that the link wasn't intended to be for used sheets of Sainsbury own brand toilet paper at a pound per sheet? :?
Still, at least the book of face doesn't think I'm way abroad today, it's targeted me with the ad mentioned and the, erm, "merchandise" is in Sunderland, only some 70ish miles away as the crow flies.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#165 Post by Dick » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:43 pm

Sorry John its not an fbi/mi5 brexit nonsense conspiracy...
Here's another..
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 493786554/

JPB

#166 Post by JPB » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:54 pm

Now that is much more like the job! Goes to show that the Cayenne wasn't the first tractor they'd produced. :mrgreen:
J

Dick

#167 Post by Dick » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:06 am

JPB

#168 Post by JPB » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:41 am

I'm liking that, I'm also liking this 'ere Catawiki.eu. No problem with looking at stuff and that works for me. As does the fact that the site doesn't appear to come with any attempts to compromise the viewer's security, not like that twitface, spacebook or fiends reinvented, badstarts the lot of 'em. :evil:

:thumbs:

Oh hang on, this damned thing tries to relieve me of money to be able to post, it's nothing to do with the (safe) link to Catawiki, or indeed to any of the dodgy social media:

...Best of it is that the IP shown is static, yet the reasons they refuse to lift the block are that they a) think that you're a web server and b) think that the IP is dynamic, which demonstrates that these arsepieces don't actually have a clue. Be aware of these Sp4mh4us people and do not, whatever you do, pay them as if you do, they will have your money and you'll still have to take alternative measures to be able to post.

This only happens on car-related sites and Maplins. Annoying as Maplins have no shops these days, so their site is the only place to obtain their range of components and consumables. Funny old world, innit.. :|
J

Dick

#169 Post by Dick » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:45 pm

Not guilty john...
Here's something to cheer you up
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 520252104/

JPB

#170 Post by JPB » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:48 pm

Yay! It worked, me likey the shiny red & white thing. €1,200? Can that really be right? Seems cheap or am I missing something?
J