Tractor, moped, whatever? Please...

Need to sell your classic? Post details here, and remember to include photographs or a link to a photograph, your location, asking price and contact details. Please note: Commercial links may be removed, and posts over 60 days old will be auto-pruned to keep the content fresh. Please - don't post to "bump" your (or anyone else's) thread - gratuitous bumps and unrelated posts will be deleted.
Dick

Re: Tractor, moped, whatever? Please...

#311 Post by Dick » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:23 am

How about this John?
https://www.facebook.com/14471568603619 ... 478230637/
Just needs painting beige for full effect..

JPB

#312 Post by JPB » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:04 am

Ooh, another link asking me to join the Facebook.. :?
Meanwhile, on a site that does allow people to view content, this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1939-Allis-C ... 4663342720 seems like a potential candidate, but it's too wide for the van and too far off to drop through for a quick viewing.
:|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#313 Post by Dick » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:24 pm

Like the tractor! :drool:
The link was for the new Citroen h van, its sufficiently ugly to get my attention :oops:

JPB

#314 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:03 am

New you say? Hmm, must look that up some time. Is it as true to the real thing as BMW's Mini tribute turn is to a BMC mini?
:lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#315 Post by Dick » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:40 am

Oh i wouldn't go as far as saying it looks anything like the original :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://images.app.goo.gl/BsaCkHbZirp94pG46
This should be a link to a camper version

JPB

#316 Post by JPB » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:39 am

It's different I guess.. From the cab forward. But as a tribute to an original H, the Japanese "tribute" vans are, IMHO, less difficult to look at.

..Or not. :|

That's just a ruined Kei van, poor wee thing. OK, I give in, the new Citroen isn't that bad, but the unspoiled, Fiat Ducato badged version of the same is the one I'd be choosing if I wanted another van on the fleet.
J

Dick

#317 Post by Dick » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:43 pm

If i was forced to choose id go with the Japanese one.. we had a new Citroen jumper van and i wasn't impressed.. even the factory chocolate roof rack bent when attaching the ladders.. in comparison to an old worn out smiley transit i still prefer the transit...

JPB

#319 Post by JPB » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:47 am

:drool: :drool: :drool: in fact.. But then I looked at the VOSA history and it seems as though the car has been very well acquainted with welding and welders.
At the price, I'd log in at yahoo.jp and bid for a JDM one that may lack the shine, but I'd sooner not risk someone else's repairs to the historic rot.

It may of course have had every area of rust removed to the correct joins and may equally well look like its Thatcham slide (sadly available only for the earlier, less squared off model) underneath, but in this age of "click & collect" proxy buying, I'd give it a swerve, even if it were suited to my particular needs, a thing which only trying to get into and out of it would determine.

No denying that it looks good though, so someone will doubtless buy it and then do the worrying. ;)
J

Dick

#320 Post by Dick » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:41 pm

Can you guess what i was looking for when i found this
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tory_share
:scared: