Tractor please...

Need to sell your classic? Post details here, and remember to include photographs or a link to a photograph, your location, asking price and contact details. Please note: Commercial links may be removed, and posts over 60 days old will be auto-pruned to keep the content fresh. Please - don't post to "bump" your (or anyone else's) thread - gratuitous bumps and unrelated posts will be deleted.
Luxobarge

Re: Tractor please...

#131 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:00 pm

Thanks Harvey!
Another statistic for you - all the parts that could be removed were blasted back to bare metal then primed with zinc phosphate. Then another coat of Ford Tractor primer, then two coats of top coat (either Ford Blue or Ford tractor Grey) which took a total of 11 litres of paint. Plus about 8 aerosols for the small parts. And it's not cheap stuff.....

All brush painted, apart from the bonnet which was rollered.
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Dick

#132 Post by Dick » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:24 pm

I used to drive one like that...nice bit of kit
https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1715239429.htm/

Dick

#133 Post by Dick » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:49 pm

JPB

#134 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:22 am

It's not tractorish enough, but is a yellow R12 break which appears to be detail perfect, so that's close enough!
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#135 Post by Dick » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:26 pm

Have you bought it yet?😉
Here's something you need
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 684709185/

JPB

#136 Post by JPB » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:54 pm

Hmm, not sure that would be easy to make road legal but it does look like a bit of potentially destructive fun. :lol: :scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#137 Post by Dick » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:04 am

Ive seen them regularly used on the roads here but not so often in the last few years.. most rotavators like this come with plough attachments and a 3rd gear for road use..😊

JPB

#138 Post by JPB » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:12 am

Interesting. However if I wanted to plough the road as I drove along, maybe third would be a bit high for the job! :lol:

Purely out of curiosity, how many boards could such a machine pull? I've an urge to do ploughing contests with my tractor - when I find a suitable one - and even if that thing only cuts one furrow at a time,it could be that such a device would do just now. Meanwhile, I've bought a mid-engined Japanese vehicle. It has trap spring rear suspension with the hubs connected by a De Dion tube, the engine and an automatic gearbox mounted to the chassis and a flat floor of 2.5 metres in length inside. It's only my second mid engined thing and I can't wait to try it out on the road as it's sure to handle just like a Lotus Elise, right? :oops:
Once the boat gets to Rosyth (ETA early May), I shall be collecting my prize and bringing it somewhere for IVA and first MOT, yep, it's under ten years old so has to be tested prior to being submitted for MOT and then registration, but this is all routine stuff to me and only the IVA scares me a little as the vehicle has quite a few sharp edges around the interior and the obligatory rear fog lamp has to be wired up like a new UK-spec one, so no clamping it to the back bumper with Mole grips then, and definitely no using the tab lighter socket as a "switch", something I've got away with in the past when speedy turnaround was required for one of my imports :oops: . I'm off to bone up on IVA rules or I'm bound to miss something critical, but ironically,it's to my pile of Doomite spares that I shall turn for the "new style" :roll: relay that dims the rear lamps and stop lamps when the fogs are in use. Yes, BL beat Audi to the market with that idea.. By over 40 years! Canley - 1, Germany - 0.
:mrgreen:
J

suffolkpete

#139 Post by suffolkpete » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:59 am

I seem to recall a setup just like that on "The Good Life"
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

Atodini

#140 Post by Atodini » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:45 am

Got me thinking about the film, "The Straight Story". About the old guy who went on a long cross-state journey on a ride-on mower towing a trailer in the USA. True story too!

Now I'll have to dig out the DVD and watch it again......

John
"I thought I was wrong once - But I was wrong"...