A.S Motorsport open day. Sunday 23rd April

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
digger the goat

A.S Motorsport open day. Sunday 23rd April

#1 Post by digger the goat » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi folks..
You are invited to A S MOTORSPORTS open day on Sunday the 23rd of April
Designers and builders of bespoke Aston Martin DBR1 and DBR2 recreations.

The extremely knowledgeable and friendly build team, will be on hand to guide you through all aspects of the the cars and the build process.

It is an informal day, with many like minded folk attending, including various other marque car clubs turning up including the Fressingfield Oily Rag Club ( FORC ) and the Stowmarket Owner Driver Society ( SODS ). Please look at their websites for more details.

Coffee, tea AND a BBQ will also be available at no cost ( although any donations towards East Anglia Childrens Hospice would be appreciated ).

Gates open at 10 AM and will close when the last people leave !!!

Please feel free to pop in,,, no need to book. Oh... Please tell your friends too !!

Kind regards....... David.

Details of site and location. http://www.asmotorsport.co.uk/about_us.html

I hope to see you there.

digger the goat

Re: A.S Motorsport open day. Sunday 23rd April

#2 Post by digger the goat » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:14 pm

To update,
I will be holding a run to the venue from the Shepherd and Dog Pub at Onehouse, just on the outskirts of Stowmarket.

Location details here.... http://www.theshepherdanddogonehouse.co.uk/index

If anyone wishes to join us, we will be meeting at 10-00am and leaving at 10-30 on a country route at a sedentary pace ! ( I'll be in an old Silver Spirit, so no over zealous driving !! :D )

Please feel free to join in and say 'Hello'.

Cheers for now,
David.

JPB

#3 Post by JPB » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:48 pm

digger the goat wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:14 pm
I'll be in an old Silver Spirit
Photographs of this would go down well! :thumbs:

Here's hoping that your event is a successful one.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

digger the goat

#4 Post by digger the goat » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Thanks John.
I will take plenty of photos of the day and post the best of the best !! ;) ( including the old jalopy).

I hope to see a few Practically Classics folk there. 'Suffolk John' was the only chap that introduced himself last year' bringing his lovely Matra Murena.

Kind regards and happy motoring,

David

suffolkpete

#5 Post by suffolkpete » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 am

Suffolk John eh? I obviously made a big impression! Worth a visit if you're in that area, I won't be joining you this year, as Drive It Day is taking me to another part of the county. Will Cobraboy have his Rover P6 there this year?
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

digger the goat

#6 Post by digger the goat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:54 pm

OOPS !!!!
Sorry Pete !! :o
There is another chap on a forum I frequent called 'Suffolk John' so please accept my apologies for the confusion of names.
Shame that you wont make it this time. I hope to meet you again.
Yes, Mark will be bringing his Rover. I will take some photos and post them up..... ( looking forward to seeing it too since its' paint job )

Have you still got the Murena ?