Scottish Borders Historic Motoring Extravaganza 2015

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
fredmagill

Scottish Borders Historic Motoring Extravaganza 2015

#1 Post by fredmagill » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:44 pm

THIRLSTANE CASTLE BY LAUDER SUNDAY 7th JUNE 2015 . 43rd Year
www.bvac.org.uk

F :thumbs: ree entry. A great family day out. Come and join us.

Dave3066

Re: Scottish Borders Historic Motoring Extravaganza 2015

#2 Post by Dave3066 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:35 pm

I've been going to this show for a few years now and it is excellent. Lots to see, loads of vehicles, big autojumble and very well organised. Well worth a visit if you haven't been before, or a revisit if you have :D

Dave
1966 Rover P6 2000 SC - in daily use and running like a dream
1972 Rover P6 3500S currently undergoing surgery
1965 Rover P5 3 litre Coupe - long term project

JPB

Re: Scottish Borders Historic Motoring Extravaganza 2015

#3 Post by JPB » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Thirded. First went when the club held it at Mellerstain in the last quarter of the 20th century. Memorable years include the one that saw a brace of young female students from the LVWC sunbathing - totally in the nip - behind their T2 loaf camper, little realising that the public who were in for the gardens walked along the path on top of the wall behind them.. :shock:
That may never happen again but it's well worth going just in case. ;)

I was at the first (with Dad in his Lanchester, if you are the current owner of the car, I'm sorry about the wee bit stain on the back seat :oops: ) and was 7 or 8 then, so this must have been going for around 42 or 43 years now. The cutoff when we went with the A40s, LKS630 and XJR40, was 1959, meaning that LKS got in and XJR had to sit in the public car park. Oh the shame of it. I see in the SVVF list that [the cutoff] is now at 1989, which would imply that I'm becoming almost middle aged, so a rabbit is definitely off somewhere!
:lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: